“Cottage/Cabin Feel”

Jolly Pumpkin Old Mission
Ranked #13 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were recommended to dine here during Blossom Days. When we sat down the waitress had given us homemade potato chips which were thick and fried in oil. Not healthy but so so good! I ordered a burger with Sriracha and asked for it to be well done, but it came out dripping blood. The waitress quickly took the food back and made the situation right. I also had the manager come up and apologize. They said they were training a lot of people that day, which they were. I wasn't upset and the burger was awesome. The fries that came with the meal were tasty too. My friends ordered the pulled pork sandwich and the mac n' cheese; they were very happy with their purchases. Overall I would go back again. It is a beautiful building with a great view. They also have a tasting bar on the other side of the building which was cool.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The service here was awesome. The craft beers were very hoppy--so if that's your thing, you'll love them. We loved the beer flight even though they weren't really our style. Food was okay, but maybe we didn't order the best things. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We asked a store clerk for a dinner recommendation. She suggested this restaurant and specifically the pulled pork nachos. She didn't steer us wrong! The potato chips were a yummy touch too. The mac and cheese with pancetta was delicious. The burger was large and tasty. Portions were generous we couldn't finish our meals -- pace yourselves.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Upon pulling up I didnt know if we had the right place as it was more residential and mansion looking. Once inside we found beautiful rough cut timbers, and and old fashioned warm feel.
At first when they told me they only served their own brands of beer, liquor and wine I wasn't too happy but after trying their Cherry Vodka, Rum and Whiskey and the rest of the group trying all the different beers we knew this place knew how to brew!
Also we tried the pork nachos and whitefish spread both top notch. All of the main entrees were also well received and the perch and ribs were a solid 9 out of 10. We also shared desert and again the chefs were on their game. If you are in Traverse for business or pleasure I would check it out. Plenty of wait staff and all very friendly. Would go back again the next time in town.

1  Thank MapleLakeJoe
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stopped by here on Saturday 4/27/13, for some delicious micro brews. While we did not eat I checked out the menu and observed other guest enjoying their food and it all looked very good. The beer was very good and fresh, we sampled 4 beers and were pleased with all. Wish we would of had more time, will definitely make it a stop again in the future.