“Unique experience ”

Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Spanish, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious, and the portions were generous. Space is limited, and if you need to use the restroom, you must go through the kitchen. The Cuban Asian fusion works!

1  Thank potockin

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

This was a return visit for my husband and I and we were not disappointed. I got the shrimp pad Thai and he got the shrimp curry both were delicious. The pad Thai is unlike any other pad Thai I have had. So happy they are expanding and moving to the old Phil's place. This is a must visit when we come to TC. In know it's small and the wait can sometimes be a hassle...but they do take reservations as well as take out orders.

1  Thank Tammy M
Reviewed August 14, 2014

First the bad. The place is SMALL and doesn't serve alcohol. That's it for the bad. The rest is all good, starting with the smells! Walking into the restaurant the first thing you are greeted with is wonderful Latin and Asian spices stir frying in garlic, onion and peppers. The Asian and Latin inspired dishes were nothing short of outstanding. I had hot and sour chicken from the Asian side of the menu and loved it. It was a little sweeter than I would normally consider ordering but the heat was perfect and the pineapple, which added the sweetness along with the green pepper were what made the dish so special. The portions are huge and we took home enough for lunch the next day. We were surprised at how well it held up to the microwave. My wife had the Nicaraguan pork with yucca and a slaw from the Latin side. She loved it.

2  Thank Tom G
Reviewed August 14, 2014

After reading all the wonderful reviews, my husband and I decided to try Georgina's on our recent visit to Traverse City (and yes, we did have reservations). The reviews were correct; the food is delicious, however, we found the tight space to be claustrophobic! We felt like we were dining on top of the other diners and didn't have any privacy. The kitchen is not separate from the "dining room" and we came away smelling of cooking grease! The restaurant also does not have ice for the "cold" drinks! My "iced" tea was luke warm at best. (Does anyone else find this kind of weird?) We might try them again when they move to a larger space, otherwise, we probably won't be back.

1  Thank Kathy K
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was our return visit to Georgina's and is on our must-do list whenever in Traverse City. We heard they will be moving soon to a location across from the State Theater. We wish the wonderful staff the best of luck in their new location. The food is always outstanding and very different than anything we have had in other places. TripAdvisors have never steered our family wrong. Ranking Georgina's number one in Traverse City is saying a lot given all the good restaurants. Georgina's is worth the ranking. Until the staff moves, it might be a good idea to get a carryout as the locals do, unless you happen to luck out and go at the right time. They only seat about 20 people in this popular place.

1  Thank WaterfordMom