“The food is the focus”

Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Spanish, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Food here gets six stars out of five. ;-) Ok, first the reasons you would not want to go here. First, the place is very small. Seats about 18 and if you need six feet of personal space around your table while dining this is not for you. Think more Parisian cafe for cozy factor. Make a reservation or be prepared to wait. Second, if you simply MUST have an alcoholic beverage with dinner they have none so either go before, after, or don't go here. Having said that, I urge you to go. As the title says, the focus is on the food and they nail it. Latin American and Asian dishes are on a small menu. No appetizers, two desserts. My wife does NOT like spicy and loved the Puerto Rican lasagna. I love spicy and greatly enjoyed the Curry Pineapple Chanco and if you like heat the Nicaraguan hot sauce is excellent. We shared flan for dessert. We each took food home as the portions are quite generous. The flavors were well done and the owner consults on what you might want to order if you're not sure. We most certainly WILL be back.

1  Thank montebr

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We went here based on other tripadvisor member reviews, and boy, are we glad we did! You know you're in for something special as soon as you walk in the door. The smells are amazing! I had a garlicky pork dish that was literally one of the best meals I've ever had. My husband had the Asian BBQ pork and said it was delicious. Next time we're in Traverse City, Georgina's will be at the top of our to-do list!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

An 18 seat restaurant, it was cozy! I was able to look at my neighbors dishes and everyone was willing to help me select. I ordered the peanut Thai chicken, just the right balance of spice and flavor. Prices were moderate, and well worth it! I'll be back.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Greeted by distracted young lady at the doorway of this very crowded tiny place. Waited outside, which was fine considering the weather was great. I won't say it was fun to literally wait around until someone finished eating and left, but with 7 total tables, that's the reality. What I can say is that it was an outstanding meal, super creative but nothing for show's sake. All super well thought-through as far as combinations and seasonings, really amazingly well done. The cooks themselves come out and tell you what the options are and then go back and make them. A rare treat in today's restaurant world and totally worth the awkward entrance!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

On a recent trip to Traverse City, we wondered where to go for dinner. Since Georgina's is number one on Trip Advisor, off we went. We came in late on a Sunday night, and there were only a couple of other groups in the restaurant. I can imagine when it's full it would be pretty tight, and noisy, as it's very small. Not an intimate dining experience, but one that fills the senses with the sights, sounds and smells of a busy open kitchen. As mentioned before,the chef comes out to explain the menu. It's basically divided in half, Latin on one side, Asian on the other. We both went for the Latin choices and were quite impressed with the tasty, well presented plates that quickly arrived at our table. The chef came back to see how everything was - great! We enjoyed this restaurant and wish them all the best!