“Great food, but need a larger dining room.”
Review of Georgina's

Georgina's
Ranked #11 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Spanish, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were just passing thru town and checked Trip Advisor for a good restaurant. What a find! I'd eat there again in a heartbeat. Both the items we had were excellent. The day we were there it was extremely warm and the air conditioner couldn't keep up. The dining room is very small, I mean elbow to elbow. The chef is terrific. I hope he moves to a larger facility so his talent can be more properly displayed. We're from down state so we probably won't get to eat here often, but I would make it a point to eat here when I was in Traverse City.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed our dinner at Georgina's. interesting food, and unusual menu items. The Thai stuff tasted like lots of Thai food I have had in other places. It was very well prepared. Would go back, but don't think this place is number one in TC. Thankful for the fun experience.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been vacationing in Traverse City my entire life and have eaten at many, many restaurants over the years. We tried Georgina's on the recommendation of a worker at a local winery. We almost walked past it because it is REALLY small. We had six in our party and most were not "small" people, so I had my doubts at first. However, we couldn't have been more pleased.

The menu is an eclectic combination of Thai and Cuban, which was interesting in itself. The chef came directly to our table, explained everything and made recommendations. We were all thrilled with our choices and I think we all tried something a little out of our comfort zones because the staff really put us at ease. The food was fresh, delicious, VERY reasonably priced and the portions were generous.

We went for an early dinner and it was indeed busy with dine-in and carry out. The chef said they were working on acquiring a bigger space because business is booming. The only thing missing in my opinion is a liquor license, which didn't really matter to me since we had been wine tasting all day. I can't even imagine how busy they would be if they had some fantastic cocktails to go along with the fabulous food! We will definitely be back next summer!

1  Thank Luv2TravelHistoricMI
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The food was excellent, the service good, the chef was helpful. It was rather hot because of no AC, and the seating capacity about 20 people, but the carry out business seemed to be thriving. We would return and try something new on the menu.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Small but fabulous place. Unique food with layers of flavor. Ask questions as the menu explains nothing. Each entree thoughtfully prepared and served very hot. Glad we found it. Be sure to make reservations. Loved the tacos and Pad Thai. Will branch out to the plantain lasagna next time.

1  Thank cjlifecycle