Georgina's
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Spanish, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been vacationing in Traverse City my entire life and have eaten at many, many restaurants over the years. We tried Georgina's on the recommendation of a worker at a local winery. We almost walked past it because it is REALLY small. We had six in our party and most were not "small" people, so I had my doubts at first. However, we couldn't have been more pleased.

The menu is an eclectic combination of Thai and Cuban, which was interesting in itself. The chef came directly to our table, explained everything and made recommendations. We were all thrilled with our choices and I think we all tried something a little out of our comfort zones because the staff really put us at ease. The food was fresh, delicious, VERY reasonably priced and the portions were generous.

We went for an early dinner and it was indeed busy with dine-in and carry out. The chef said they were working on acquiring a bigger space because business is booming. The only thing missing in my opinion is a liquor license, which didn't really matter to me since we had been wine tasting all day. I can't even imagine how busy they would be if they had some fantastic cocktails to go along with the fabulous food! We will definitely be back next summer!

1  Thank Luv2TravelHistoricMI

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The food was excellent, the service good, the chef was helpful. It was rather hot because of no AC, and the seating capacity about 20 people, but the carry out business seemed to be thriving. We would return and try something new on the menu.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Small but fabulous place. Unique food with layers of flavor. Ask questions as the menu explains nothing. Each entree thoughtfully prepared and served very hot. Glad we found it. Be sure to make reservations. Loved the tacos and Pad Thai. Will branch out to the plantain lasagna next time.

1  Thank cjlifecycle
Reviewed August 25, 2013

While doing a Circle Lake Michigan vacation we stopped at Georgina’s for lunch - currently rated #1 by TripAdvisor - featuring Latin and Asian fusion cuisine. What a surprise - not a big place - the whole restaurant is maybe twelve feet wide with a total of nine tables for two.

After the young lady took our drink order, she explained that the chef would be by to explain the menu. Sure enough, he came to our table to take our order. From looking at the menu, I already knew what I wanted - so I told him the “ropa vieja” whereupon he immediately described the ingredients and how they are put together and the sides that accompanied my entree.

My wife had not made a decision already so he asked her if she wanted Asian or Latin. When she answered Latin, he then asked if she wanted pork, beef, chicken or fish. After she said “chicken”, he then explain the two chicken dishes he had on the menu. She chose the pollo milanesa. Both of our dishes were served with rice, black beans and fried plantain. The food was excellent, no doubt about it - well worth the $38 tab (including tax and gratuity).

2  Thank joan&mike
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Again, the best food in all of northwestern Michigan. Yes the seating is limited but the food is worth it.