“Hands down a must try!”
Review of Georgina's

Georgina's
Ranked #12 of 313 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Spanish, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This place is just fantastic! Everything is made with care and true passion for food. You can not go wrong since the chef will come and ask you what you are looking for in a meal, your preferences and dislikes and will make sure you love it! I have eaten here about a dozen times since it's opening and have never had a bad meal, or even a mediocre meal, they have always been phenomenal!

There are newer reviews for Georgina's

Reviewed July 15, 2013

In Traverse City on a family vacation... not expecting any special culinary experiences... and then we find this place. This restaurant would stand out anywhere. A limited but fine menu of Asian and Spanish cuisine. We ordered the chorizo queso and a chicken pad thai. The food was prepared by the owner/chef personally. The food was just exquisite. The place is vey small, no alcohol, and ver few amenities. The prices were extremely reasonable. On balance it is not to be missed and a real treat and totally unexpected.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is one of the best meals I've ever had, and definitely the best food I've ever had in Traverse City. The food is amazing and the chef even comes to your table to suggest items on the menu. For the price of the meal you just can't beat it. Space is limited, so if you're going to come during typical meal times call ahead. They also do take out. A must eat in TC!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went here for the first time when in TC about two months ago and had to return. We tried to do a walk in for two on a Saturday evening and they were already booked, so we made a reservation for lunch on Sunday at noon. Upon arrival, two tables were open with both having a reserved sign on them. We took the one table and a minute later the one next to us was occupied. The resturant continued to be full the entire time we dined. After you are handed amenu, the chef will come out and answer any questions and take your order. I had talked this place up so much to my girlfriend that I have to say I was a little disappointed with the chef this time oppose to the last time I dined here, but the food made up for that. The previous chef went into detail about the meals and asked us questions about our likes and dislikes, seeing as no discriptions are on the menu. This chef didn't share the same carefree attitude as my previous experience. Maybe this was partially my fault because I didn't ask many questions, but I didn't need to last time. This was just a little thing andnothing i should be complaining about. On to the important part....the food. We both ordered the mahi tacos which have a wonderful spicy kick to them and are truly amazing. We both cleared our entire plate. Since it is such a small atmosphere, you are able to see what others order by just the slight turn and hear their reaction to the food. I was constanty hearing, "This is so good". I definetly agree and only hope that next time I save room for dessert.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Needing a quick early dinner, we arrived here at 5pm after finding this on the TA app. The place was tiny, crowded and the looked like a dive. The first question asked was whether we had reservations. Huh? We were able to get a table nearly in the kitchen and the chef promptly came out, explained the menu and concepts, gave us tastings of some of the sauces and took our orders. We were then able to watch the show, and what a show it was. This place rocks. By 5:15 there were no vacant tables and the kitchen was already in overdrive. The food came out almost immediately.

I have to admit this is one of the more interesting places I have eaten, both for the food and for the "ambiance". The tacos "around the world" were outstanding and my wife's dish, the Asian peanut chicken was very flavorful with a nice moderate burn, but a little heavy handed on the oil. I would love to explore some of the other offerings on this small but eclectic menu. But for now, I give this four stars and a desire to return.