“The kind of restaurant you really want to support!”
Review of Georgina's

Georgina's
Ranked #11 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Spanish, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Amazing food, outstanding chef. Take it for what it is though, I saw lots of snobbery in other guests. Once a restaurant is rated #1 in a place like foodie Traverse City, expectations go through the roof. This is a small start up in a building with no air conditioning, no ice machine, and cramped quarters...but along with that is a chef and staff with crazy passion for what they are doing and the talent to back it up. Trust the chef, taste his sauces, and let him guide you to the right dish. You will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The food here is unbelievable! My wife and I have eaten at various Asian restaurants, but this might be at the top. The place is small as mentioned, and you might want to get a reservation to make sure you get a spot, but the food makes up for that. The portion size is good, the food is excellent, and the cook aims to please by speaking to each customer about their dish. It really is a gem! I wish I could give the food rating higher than a 5! A must if you are going to Traverse City! If you can't get in, they also do takeout. :)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Georgina's is a very small Latin and Asian influenced restaurant in Traverse City. The maximum seating is about 20 and you are quite close to the next table. Make a reservation if you want to go. Beverages are bottled (coke, tea, etc) and they do not have beer, wine or liquor. The chef typically comes out to see what you might be interested in that evening. I went with Asian BBQ pork and my wife went with a variety of Latin American influenced tacos. She loved the hot sauce and I loved the side of beans, they were so much more flavorful than what you typically see in restaurants. Great food but be prepared for very tight quarters.

2  Thank JGarrison41
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I loved that the chef came over personally to discuss the menu with us. The aromas when you walk by the restaurant are magnified inside, better than you can imagine. The food was so delicious, I just wish the restaurant was a little roomier, because everybody wants to be there these days. The do offer carryout though, so that is also an option. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank happydiner42139
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This little gem was suggested to us by a friend. Wow am I glad that we found and tried it! There is very little space in the Asian/Spanish fusion restaurant. I think there were only 6 or so tables but the chef and owner cares so much about your food that he talks with you before you order. I have never had such a great experience. Between my date and I were ate both from the Asian section of the menu and the Spanish and both were incredibly rich and good. It is just a small distance from the main street and near Bubba's restaurant. If you are in the mood for an intimate experience with incredible food you will love it at Georgina's!