“Not a great place when busy”
Review of Morsels

Morsels
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Not a great place when busy”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had been here before and a lovely experience. It wasn't busy and got great service. It was also nice to relax and enjoy our coffee and bagels while watching the slowly meandering river outside.

However, on this trip, it was much busier, and has a result, the service and quality of our coffee decreased significantly. The bagels were still excellent, however, they forgot our drinks, and neither were made up to quality.

If they are busy, be sure not to let your order slip, if they are not busy, then it's a real treat.

• Visited April 2013

Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stopped here after some shopping for some morsels of dessert. They were very good and the atmosphere was very relaxing with mellow music--we sat near the window over the canal and you could see the bay across the street. Will definitely return on a future trip to TC.

• Visited April 2013
“Love their coffee, and breakfast burrito”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We love to go early and sit by the water, drink a nice cup of coffee and have the breakfast burrito. They are not too big...perfect size. I love the one with the sausage, eggs and cherry salsa. Excellent.

Fun on weekend winter mornings when the town is quiet and the snow is falling.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Clinton S
Traverse City, Michigan
“Sunrise, Coffee and the Bay - Perfect!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My most lovely memories of last summer were my early morning walks to the Bay and the reward of coffee at Morsels. It has the most beautiful, peaceful location: situated on the Boardman River, with excellent views of West Bay and the sunrise. Both indoor and outside seating allow for enjoyment in any weather.
I ask Chuck what I want and he prepares what I need! Valentine Morsels from my husband topped my day!

• Visited February 2013
“My Favorite Breakfast When In Town”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Cute coffee shop on Front in downtown Traverse City. It is my favorite breakfast spot.

I do not like huge, greasy breakfast meals. I like the comfortable atmosphere, booming fire on winter mornings and the friendly staff.

My favorite is the breakfast burrito with eggs, cherry sausage, cheddar cheese and cherry salsa. It's amazing. I have it almost every weekend while in town and have been known to go back and have it again for lunch.

My wife enjoys the burrito with egg, tomato, avocado, cheddar and salsa verde, the oatmeal and the french toast.

Great coffee...

$20 breakfast for two...you can't beat it in Traverse City.

PS. They are known for their morsel's....little bite sized muffins.

• Visited February 2013