“It is about the pig!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2018

Had a delightful time early evening dinner on the patio with my wife. Decent selection of local craft beers. More on the menu than just pork (beef, seafood, sides), but this was our first time so we tried the pork trio dinner (Cheeks, belly & loin) and the pork shank Could not have been happier with our choices! Waitress was pleasant helpful and attentive, as well as other servers who refilled our water and checked on us appropriately. Stayed for dessert: Cheese & berries for my wife, and lemon frozen mousse from me - both were excellent. Also asked the chef to pair with his choice of port for my wife and bourbon or whiskey for me. My wife's port was good, but the bourbon whisky I had was wonderful: come to find out that this was a Hudson Distillery (New York) Four Grain bourbon whiskey picked personally by Towne Plaza with their own label - a single barrel bottled exclusively for Towne Plaza. It was excellent and I recommend anyone who enjoys whiskey to try this: they also use it in their signature cocktails.
The bartender was also very helpful and informative when I asked to see the bottle to read more about it. THANKS!!
We will be back to try some of your non-pork options!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Had the best watermelon martini. The staff was awesome! Service was amazing! Was with friends sat in the outside terrace.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

We always try to get to The Town Plaza when a visit to Traverse City allows. While parking can sometimes be a hassle during prime time it is worth it. The Towne Plaza is not large, however, they accommodate with reservations. Tables are spaced well giving the place a full feeling while nicely not on top of other patrons. On a nice day, we enjoy the patio. This visit it was too hot. Service is warm and appropriately friendly.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Made a quick stop in TC, and ate here for the first time. Had seen the good reviews and it was recommended by two locals who we asked for a good place for breakfast/lunch. Staff was friendly and responsive—we asked if we could have a side of pork belly, not listed as a side, and were told no problem we can do that. And it was excellent, as was the bacon and blueberry pancakes. Looks like a pig lovers paradise and we plan to return.

Reviewed July 3, 2018

I was in town for business with guests from the West Coast. I wanted to provide a good meal for our out of town guests. When I lived in Traverse City, The Towne Plaza was always a first consierdation for breakfast, brunch or lunch.

When we entered we were greeted and lead to our table. I do not recall our servers name but he was friendly and from Africa.

The gentlemen I was with appreciate a good meal. When they walked into the retaurant they were impresed with the smell of good food.

I ordered what I usually order for lunch, the Shoulder in Puff. Think smoked, slow roasted pulled pork, Kansas City BBQ, wrapped in a puff pastry, served over greens and a nice sauce lightly drizzled on top. It's so good I always order it for lunch.

One of my guests ordered the BLT. Think a thick slab of smoked, slow roasted, pork belly, served on a baguette, with aioli, tomato, and greens. The report was good.

The rest of the group ordered the Porchetta. Think loin stuffed roasted rolled belly, seared, chimichurri, served with fries. The report was the porchetta was excellent.

We had an extra serving of fries, the only disappointment of the meal. I am not a fan of their fries. I prefer a crispy, golden brown fry vs the skin on wilted fry.

Overall it was an excellent experience. I will return again, and again and again.