“The Towne Plaza is an Excellent Place to go!”
Review of The Towne Plaza

The Towne Plaza
Ranked #21 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was killing time and thought i would check this place out. I wasn't very hungry so i ordered a cup of the smoked tomato soup. I was surprised at their beer selection because they had a good deal of beers that are local and some of the best you can get. I went for the trappist monk 10 and the pairing of that with the smoked tomato soup was outstanding. My server "Cooper" was wonderful. she made me feel right at home, was down to earth, fun, and very attentive. Even though i was sitting at the bar by myself, she made me feel very much at home. The soup was so great i got another cup to go so i could have some more at home. I was so impressed with the chef and staff as well as the very pleasant atmosphere that I came back two days later with my daughter to sample the menu i was drooling over previously. I had the pork in a puff pastry and my daughter had the vegetable lasagna. Neither of us were that hungry and debated on whether to order that much but went for it . We decided we if we could not eat it all we would get a to go box. Well, the food came and we devoured it. Every last morsel because it WAS THAT GOOD. I am a cook myself, so am pretty critical about food. It was 5 stars in my book. I walk by this restaurant every day in the summer on the way to work. Outside , in the back , you can smell the pork roasting in the smokers. I am glad i finally got to sample some. Its outstanding. You won't be disappointed for atmosphere, taste and service at this place. And if your into food and beer pairing this is a great place for that. I just loved the whole experience! Thanks Towne Plaza crew!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

As a semi-TC resident, I always make sure I get at least 1 meal at the Town Plaza when I'm in town. Usually start with a TC Manhattan (best anywhere!). Be prepared to be challenged for choice for starters and main course. Pork is king, but I had a 'surf and turf' last night which was superb (oysters + pork with a tangy sauce). Ask your waiter for tips - Amy and Alex are friendly, knowledgeable and very efficient.

Prices are very reasonable for the quality and service.

TC is a foodie town, and Town Plaza can hold its own.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have been to The Towne Plaza a few times. The food is very inconsistent. The pork belly is good, but you can only eat that so many times. Service is sub-par at best. I need everything from a bartender to a busboy.With all the other great places in Traverse City, I would pass on this place.

1  Thank Ron P
Reviewed January 2, 2014

There are two absolute go-to places for brunch in TC. One is of the French inspired variety - and the other is here. I may be a tad biased as my wife and I were celebrating our 1-year anniversary here. But simply put - pork belly in the morning is a delightfully sinful and filling way to start the day in TC. I got the non-traditional surf and turf meal which combined the likes of fried oysters and seasoned pork belly resting atop scrumptious, buttery cornbread toast. With two runny yoked poached eggs included as side kicks, this meal really kicked my butt. Paired with bloody mary's and mimosas - this would be how modern day royalty should start the day off in TC. Excuse me as I flatter myself. I would describe the pork belly here as mostly a tender, braised, falls apart easily, type of pork. Seasoned with about as much flavor as a morning palette can handle. There is enough fatty silver lining for the pork lover to rejoice in, but not so much fat that you leave with acute sticky chest disorder.

Drinks and meals included - prepare to drop a few coins here. My wife and I splurged on premium meals, drinks, and a couple sides - so the bill came to shy of $70. For brunch. But when a ruthless bargain hunter like me does not regret paying that - that is when you know it's some seriously good eats. Boyyy. I do it. Two thumbs up!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We have only been here once but it was the best French toast and sausage we have ever had! Would definitely go back and try more!