“Fabulous, laid-back dinner”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We enjoyed two of TC's fine restaurants on our recent anniversary get-away, but only Towne Plaza gets a review. While the other spot, well-reviewed and worthy of a visit, was good, Towne Plaza exceeded our expectations. The dining room is just large enough to be buzzing, but small enough that you don't feel ignored around a corner. Our server, Cooper, was friendly and helpful with the unique menu that includes generous "tasting" portions as well as entrees and appetizers. Cooper didn't rush us as we ordered in stages, revisiting the menu and her recommendations with each course. We chose to pair beer with our meal rather than wine because of their wide selection of Michigan craft beers. Advice from Kevin at the bar directed us to some unique brews. The pork belly was magnificent, a little crispy on the outside while smooth and rich inside. The oysters were priced 50% less than the other restaurant and presented beautifully. Our other food choices were just as delicious. Prices were great, too. We will definitely be back on our next trip to TC.

1  Thank CSFMi

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Pork, pork and more pork. But, plenty of alternatives. Small plates so many taste delights. The short rib ravioli, the pork confit and fish were all very good dishes and everything served hot by very gracious servers, especially Katherine. A credible wine list and good prices combined to make a very pleasant experience.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stopped by the Towne Plaza after Yoga (my first) on Saturday at noon for Brunch. We all decided to have a hearty breakfast. Most of us had worked out and then went to Hot Yoga, so we were starved.

We have eaten at TP a number of times and always enjoyed the meal. I love eggs Benedict and it's one of my favorite restaurants for eggs Benedict when in Traverse City.

I ordered the eggs Benedict with Fontina cheese sauce and potatoes. I have eaten this many times at TP and it was excellent. Almost everyone else in the group ate the Chicken Benedict. It is quite a large meal and not slight on calories. I am going to describe it for you. It's a potato cake (quite tasty) with a fried chicken cutlet on top and on top of that a poached egg, and fontina cream. WOW. It was very good. I was fine with my breakfast but really loved the taste of the potato cake.

Our server was very sweet and fun - very good service.

It was a perfect meal for the occasion...we will return. Next weekend I hope.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I think it was the name that kept me from going there--it sounded so homey, like meatloaf and mashed potato flakes. When I DID read about it, I read that I shouldn't miss the pork belly. Ick, I thought. In this foodie town there are so many choices, this wasn't one. And so I cheated myself for many months, until I went there today for lunch and--well, I can't tell you how delighted I was. The food was amazingly delicious (and I had pork belly!), the waitress (Anne-Marie) was superb, the prices were reasonable, and I had a totally awesome lunch. What I know is, the menu and the experience will entice my immediate return. (As I write this, I'm thinking "breakfast is only a few hours away. That french toast looked awesome....).

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Loved this place, tasty food with seasonal options, great wine selection and nice atmosphere. Would go back for sure!