“Great for foodies”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This restaurant has an unusual menu for dinner. Items are not separated into appetizers or entrees. Ask your server about the size of the portions. If you are not a large eater, there are many midsize items that are excellent at a reasonable price. Their specialty is pork. My husband had pork belly, my daughter had shrimp in broth and I had a lamb dish that I can not find on the online menu. All were excellent. We had a cheese platter of fresh Michigan cheeses as an appetizer and enjoyed a Michigan wine. The service was excellent and we enjoyed the outdoor setting. Indoors seemed good too.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Have been there 4times. Pancakes are the best. Recently there for breakfast with another couple. Took nearly 2 hours! Waitress was aloof and had a " so what" attitude. I mentioned this to he hostess and she said"we'll, we are busy." They really were not that busy. If I were the owner I would fire a couple of people. Not sure we will go back

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I plus our two daughters ate here. My husband ordered surf and turf. He said it was excellent, full of flavor, good serving size, just overall very impressed (he eats out frequently because of his job, so it's pretty good when he's impressed). I had blueberry pancakes with a side of poached eggs, which I shared with my 2 year old. The edges of the pancakes were a little crisp and the insides were fluffy and full of blueberries.. Delicious! The poached eggs were also done perfectly. Will definately be going back.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The outdoor patio at Towne Plaza is spacious, unlike some others at which you feel as if you're on top of the other diners. It's nicely located just off Front Street. The food and service were excellent. We started with the flatbread -- it was delicious, although a very small portion. We next selected a variety of cheeses and all were quite good. The escargot were lovely -- plump and juicy in a yummy sauce, served with toasted baguette. The cucumber martini was refreshing with the appetizers. Others had the martini with Lillet, which was also good.The pulled pork in puff pastry was yummy, as was the gnocchi with vegetables. Four of us enjoyed it all and ate every bite.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Though pork is their focus, the wide variety of good food available makes this a place where everyone can find something to eat. I ate the pork belly while my wife had two vegetable small plates. The beer and wine selection is extensive. One suggestion would be that they mark the menu so that people know what is a small plate and what is a full plate.