“Great romantic restaurant”

Sorellina
Ranked #35 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sorellina, "little sister" in Italian, has been part of the vibrant fabric of downtown Traverse City since its opening in 2012. Soft tones and draped linen create a welcoming atmosphere and warm ambiance for our guest to experience first rate food and service. Happy hour is offered open to close every day in the lounge area and features outstanding small plates and expertly mixed cocktails. Relax, unwind, grab a glass of wine and join us for both Authentic Italian favorites and contemporary Italian culinary interpretations. MANGIA!!
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I ate there last Friday night and were happily surprised by the ambience, quality of food and service we received. I had taken my wife there for a her birthday and felt we could have an intimate conversation without being overheard. Our waitress was patient, yet attentive. Portion sizes were perfect and left feeling very satisfied.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I dined here on a Friday evening and had a wonderful experience. As East Coast transplants living in an area where many locals consider Olive Garden real Italian food, Sorellina is a distinct breath of fresh air. The service was extremely professional, not intrusive. The dining room is the nicest in Traverse City, soft lighting and the aroma of a real Italian kitchen. Not so loud that you cannot have a conversation as is an issue with other popular Traverse City restaurants. Bruschetta and shrimp scampi appetizers were excellent, the homemade bread for dipping in the scampi sauce, perfect. A wine list consisting of many excellent, moderately priced selections. My wife had the fusilli pasta with gorganzola cream sauce and I had a mushroom ragu pasta special. Both were prepared perfectly followed by Tiramisu for dessert. The owners check with every table to make sure everyone is satisfied, very rare to see nowadays. In short, Sorellina sets the bar in downtown TC for others to emulate.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was our second visit to this great new addition to Downtown TC. Gotta admit our first visit (soon after they opened) was a slightly underwhelming (albeit expectations were high). Thought we'd wait awhile and head back. Glad we did! They are now up to speed all the way around and have matched their sister restaurant (Harrington's) with both quality and service.

Their homemade bread (same as Harrington's) was fresh, warm with just the right amount of crunch on the crust. It is served here with oil, balsamic, basil and with some sea salt(?) mixed in--a welcome difference from the typical oil dipping plate for bread.

Last night I enjoyed their house with spinach, walnuts, pears and house vinaigrette. It hit the mark for being light but with robust flavor. My pasta with their homemade italian sausage was perfect with a delicate spiciness. My daughter's fettucine alfredo was the best ever in TC. The sauce had a nice full flavor and melt in your mouth texture. The chicken parmesan was very tender with a subtle crunch with the breading. The meatballs were out this world. Can you tell I tried everyone's meal!?

Excellent wine-list. Had a lovely Toscana blend for $30.

Looking forward to our next visit!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

John, I just want to thank you for awesome customer service from all your wait staff. I voted two thumbs up for the best Italian food Outside Chicago. Your bar menu and drinks are delicious and affordable. Great for a quiet late night snack. I am so happy that your restaurants are doing awesome. I have recommended you to visitors and locals. Stay well my friend.
Beth

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I were driving trying to agree on a restaurant for dinner on Monday night, and ended up walking in and out of another restaurant and then turning the corner and stumbling into this little restaurant, without having read any reviews or knowing anything about the prices, etc. (Totally unlike me). We had our two-year-old son with us who had been crabby all afternoon so my nerves were on edge as soon as we sat down.

The restaurant was beautiful, warmly lit, quiet tables and benches, puffy pillows for the benches. It was really lovely. Our waitress was so terrific - Crystal - very helpful with our son and helping us navigate through the menu which was set up a la carte.

We each had a glass of wine, they brought delicious bread with an olive oil, shredded parm and balsalmic reduction plate (so perfectly sweet and savory), and we also ordered bruschetta (which was on crispy yet soft pieces of bread - how did they do that?!).

My husband had a salad (not sure which one but it was gone by the time dinner came so it must have been good) the Halibut special which was on a bed of zucchini, and was cooked so perfectly we were both in heaven... soft and really hot inside, and a super delicate crisp on the outside. We hadn't had halibut that good since our trip to Alaska. So perfect.

My dinner was the mushroom risotto which was so savory and rich and cooked perfectly, and I had them add a grilled chicken on top. The only issue I had with the whole meal was the chicken - it was dry and tough, but I asked for it to be added and it's normally not so I take part of the blame... I wanted to eat the entire bowl but didn't (i don't know how I managed that control.)

To top it all off, our little guy was an angel and ate almost a full plate of spaghetti and then relaxed on a big puffy pillow that our waitress brought him. :)

We were so happy with our dinner and will definiately return and tell our friends about this place.
Keep up the great cooking!
Katie