This was the first time in 3 years that we have stayed at the Cherry Tree Inn. We used to stay every year some years ago in the summer but their beach is not what it used to be; however, this is not the fault of Cherry Tree Inn, it's all in location and the DNR. Since it was a last minute trip for the weekend and the winter, it brought us back to the Cherry Tree Inn because you just can't beat their prices and service.
We stayed in the remodeled Leelanau Suite (Room 322) and it was very nice, clean and comfortable. Housekeeping did a very nice job, as always and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the expanded breakfast with the waffles, eggs and sausage (was not like that last time we stayed). We enjoyed lounging the in the lobby room with the fireplace and having access to the internet. All the things we always enjoyed about the Cherry Tree were still in place.
Just a couple minor recommendations:
1). The pool was a bit chilly which stopped my husband from going in with my 9 year old. She loved swimming in it but did say it was even a bit cold for her.
2) Cherry Tree really, really needs to add hooks and towel bars in the bathroom. When taking a shower, there was no place to hang your towel within reach or put your clean PJ's. We hung the clean towel on the door handle and you still had to walk out of the shower to reach it. I would highly recommend a hook on the back of the door (for robes, etc.) as well as a towel rack on the wall right outside the shower to hang towels.
3) The toilet plugged up 4 times during out stay. Just a suggestion to have a plumber take a look at it.
Other then those 3 minor things, which in no way ruined out stay, I would, and always have, recommend the Cherry Tree Inn to family and friends. You just can't beat the cleanliness, price, and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City hotel, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree’s smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a free breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, free high-speed wireless Internet access, free shuttle service (based on driver availability), 24-hour indoor pool, hot tub, and dry sauna, year round outdoor hot tub, seasonal outdoor pool, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, numerous comfy pillows, HD TV’s, bedside docking stations, Seattle’s Best in-room coffee, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City’s best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Traverse City