“It was a relaxing Getaway with a spectacular view and friendly, helpful staff!”

Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We wanted to plan a weekend to get away from home and found Cherry Tree Inn and Suites to be the perfect getaway! From the moment we walked in the door, we were greeted with very kind and helpful staff. They were helpful with giving directions to shopping, attractions and different places of interest. It was so close to everything needed: convenience stores, grocery stores, shopping, dining, and especially the beautiful wineries! :) It was also very close the the great bike trails, which are great for those of you who like to bicycle! The room was beautiful (and clean!) with a little kitchenette, fireplace and jacuzzi tub. Best of all, was the beautiful view of the Traverse Bay from the beach front balcony! Complementary breakfast was amazing, and left us full until the afternoon! We will definately be choosing to come back for return visits to the area!

PS. It is also great for families with children, there is a nice indoor pool and a play area behind the hotel on the beach!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2009

Thank you for your review. It's great that you enjoyed everything and thanks for the mention of the bicycle trail known as the TART (Traverse Area Recreational Trail). It's a great trail for biking, running, walking, skipping, roller blading, skating, crawling, hopping,... well, anything! :) I think it goes for a total of 30 miles - 27 to Suttons Bay and 3 up to Bunker Hill Road in Acme. Hope you had a safe drive home. We look forward to having you as a guest again.

Reviewed June 7, 2009

We came up for some R & R and really found a great place to stay. The Inn is easy to find, especially if you're coming from US 131 via M72 through Acme. Beautiful views of the East Bay from our room, which was clean and comfortable with a small room frige and a microwave. The microwave was a bit noisy, but it was clean inside and ready to use. The bathroom was roomy, with the sink outside the bath. We stayed in one of the rooms they call "Elk Rapids" and it was just right for the two of us. They have rooms/suites that can sleep larger numbers of people.
The staff was more than friendly, our check in on Wednesday was very efficient and courteous. The front desk person, Jennifer, was very helpful, even mapping out the route to a dinner spot for us. The entire staff was very friendly and upbeat to deal with. The complimentary breakfast was generous with options for light or heavy eaters. The sausage gravy wasn't so hot, but the eggs over easy were good, though not on the buffet each day. On Saturday, the breakfast buffet was very busy, so you might want to try eating in the sunroom opposite the front desk.
The hotel is convenient to most things you might want to do, and far enough out of the way to avoid the heavier traffic. They are into recycling, which we liked, and it was not an inconvenience to drop off our papers and stuff for them to care for.
There's a Walgreens across the street and a Tom's market not far if you want to get some things for your room. Tom's is pricey, and there's a Meijer out on US31/37 South near the Mall area.
The indoor Pool and spa area were clean and inviting. It's obvious they take great pride in the facility and their hospitality was great. Mid week stays in Northern Michigan can be very cost effective, and we'd definitely do it that way again, since things are less congested in the summer and fall then. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Hello! Thank you so much for your review and all your kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed everything and thanks for helping future guests with places to get groceries and where our hotel is located. Your review was very helpful, so thank you! (Not that other reviews aren't helpful - you just provided another point of view that was good, too!) I hope you had a safe trip home and are enjoying a good June. It's now getting warm up here, so we're swamped and happy to be closer to summer! Thank you again.

Reviewed June 4, 2009

My girlfriend and I were in Traverse City not to long ago and decided that we were going to stay there based on the reviews and certain people telling us about the staff and accommodations. This trip had been planned for a few months but little did my girlfriend know that I was going to propose that weekend. I contacted the hotel before hand and spoke to Kara to let her know of my plans and as soon as they knew they were totally on board with helping me out. The entire staff knew about it, from the front desk to all other areas of hotel staff were aware of what I had planned. They made recommendations for certain things like where to order flowers and food from, what room would be best suited ( thank you Kara ) for this type of situation and other little touches that made the weekend unforgettable. It was an incredible weekend and the staff and hotel were first class. I want to thank Jonathon, Kara and EVERYONE from the hotel, it would not have been possible without your help. If you stay anywhere in Traverse City make it the Cherry Tree Inn, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2009

Hi Air_11!
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy we could assist in your proposal. Your fiance was radiant throughout the trip and the ring was beautiful. We're glad we could help with everything that you needed, and we wish you great, stress-free planning for your upcoming marriage! Please let us know when you want to come and join us again. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 3, 2009

The rate was excellent. My husband surprised me with this weekend away with my mom and sister. We had a great time. Wonderful food at the reception. We stood in line for a massage for 1 hr. but time ran out. That was disappointing. we wanted a room overlooking the bay but had registered to late for that, so call early! Beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2009

Thank you so much for you review. I'm glad you enjoyed our first-ever March Women's Weekend. We did have a lot of fun classes for our guests and great food as you said. Being it was our first ever, we are definitely making adjustments for next year - like two massage chairs - to make the event even better. Thank you again for your review and your suggestion. Have a wonderful summer. Hope to have you up again.

Reviewed June 2, 2009

My husband and I (from the UK), were on our annual travels to the USA and we were consentrating on Michigan and Niagara this year. Our Journey took us through Traverse City when we came accross The Cherry Tree Inn. We were greeted by very fiendly staff who gave us a great rate, our room overlooked the lake on the ground floor. It was roomy and clean with all of the emenities we wanted and need with the added benefit of a TV in the bathroom. Breakfast was excellent. The desk manager was particularly helpful and attentive to our needs and wellfare.
All in all a topping venue.
The only complaint we have is that you have WiFi internet. As I suffer from ElectroHypersenSitivity EHS (Like at least 5 - 10% of the population) I would strongly urge you to have all internet access Hard Wired in the rooms and puplic areas. Independant research has now show that there are many adverse health effects from anything WiFi, cell phones and masts.
Yours sincerely
Peter and Ann Mobley (UK)

1  Thank BritsAbroad110
Jpack, Front Desk Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2009

Hi Mr. and Mrs. Mobley!
Thank you so much for your review. You two were great to have around - the entire staff mentioned to me at least once on how pleasant and jolly you were. It's good to hear you enjoyed everything. I appreciate your concern of the WiFi Internet access. Our number one priority is guest safety, and we have not had any other complaints regarding health effects of WiFi Internet access. We will certainly watch out for and study the effects of WiFi for our education and understanding.
Thank you again. Have a great year.

Reviewed May 28, 2009

My new husband and I traveled around Michigan for our honeymoon in May of 2009. Driving through Traverse City, we came across Cherry Tree Condo Hotel. Neither one of us had stayed at Cherry Tree before so we figured we would check out the rooms. The front desk help could not have been more helpful and curdious to my husband and I. We were able to view two different rooms and were blow away by the cleanliness, size, and view of our room. We now wish we would have stayed at Cherry Tree throughout our entire honeymoon. Breakfast was wonderful, the staff was amazing, and the building is spectacular. :) We will DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again because of the amazing staff. THANK YOU CHERRY TREE!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Hello, you newlyweds! Thank you for your review of the our hotel. I'm so glad you had a good time on your honeymoon. We love all of our guests, but it's especially nice to hear from our honeymooners about their stays because it's usually a new experience for them together. I'm so glad you found us, and I wish you a very happy marriage. We look forward to your anniversary stays in the future!

Reviewed May 18, 2009

My family and I stayed at this wonderful Inn and we really enjoyed it. The staff is fantastic. I have no clue why previous posts would not say the same. The room was very cheap and it was very good size! I would stay here the next time i make it up to Traverse City.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel, the price, and the room size. We'll be happy to have you back, and I hope you have a nice spring - summer is so close!