“Would love to stay here again!”

Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Beijing, China
“Would love to stay here again!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this place for about a week for Xmas. It was our first time stay at this place and we just loved it here!

We didn't know what to expect but after we enter our room, we soon knew that we made a great decision of staying here! People there are friendly, and our room was surprisingly large and clean!
We have the bay view room and the view was great, I am sure it will be better in the Summer time :)
It is a lovely hotel and very good if you are travelling with families!

The free breakfast was tasty and they have cookies served at the Front Desk in the afternoon, so yummy! They also have a small playground outside, not so much for the winter but they have the heated pool and hot tub on the first floor.

We truly enjoyed our stay there and if we are bring a family back next summer, we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed at the two queen beds room, Elk Rapids and the number is 514! Loved it!
Green Features: Go Green! They placed the "Notes" in your room so you can let them know when to change the towels, bed sheets or even let them know to recycle the paper! I see the efforts that they are trying to put into the work and I am very proud of them ;)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Happy New Year!

Thank you for staying with us through the holidays. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. I'm so glad that you found our staff to be friendly and you enjoyed your long stay so much. It's nice to see that we are doing the right things every day (as you saw through your long stay) and not just one or two days in a week. We really enjoy our jobs because we enjoy helping our guests.

I hope you had a safe trip home and the winter weather didn't slow your plans too much. We look forward to greeting you again soon!

Jonathan P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I spent a full week here during a trip to Traverse City in December 2013. This is a lovely property and I highly recommend it. It's extremely clean and everyone I encountered was very friendly. The free hot breakfasts each morning were tasty, and hot coffee was available 24/7 in the lobby. (The cherry coffee was outstanding!) Although I had chosen one of the less expensive rooms, it was surprisingly large with a refreshingly high ceiling. The kitchenette with microwave and fridge was a big plus. The view of the bay from the walkout patio was exceptional although it snowed all week and limited my visibility across the bay. Other amenities include the indoor pool and jacuzzi, and a sauna (although it was out of order). I would not hesitate to stay again at this excellent property. LOVED IT.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for your stay and for writing a review to help others. I'm glad you found our hotel to be clean and the staff to be friendly; that's the way a hotel should be - always. I apologize for the sauna not working though. I will look into that and make sure it's properly cared for by my maintenance team.

I hope you have a wonderful January and we'll be happy to welcome you back once again in the future.

Corunna, Michigan
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the two bedroom suite with our adult daughter. Very comfortable with a living room and kitchen. Just like an apartment! The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Great location for our needs. We will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Good day!

Thank you for your kind review and thank you so much for being our guest. It's nice to read how much you enjoyed our Cherry Tree Family Suite. That room does have a good design for a larger family - the full kitchen is a plus, too!

I hope you have a wonderful new year and thank you again.

Troy, Michigan, United States
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed in the family suite which was incredibly roomy for 5 of us. It was fully outfitted with a kitchen and dining room. It was nicer than some apartments. Friendly service and clean rooms were great. A little bit of a drive to downtown but not bad. I would stay there again with family or a group.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Good December day!

Thank you so much for your time to write a kind review of your stay. We're very fortunate to have you as our guest, and I'm happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean facilities. We'd be happy to welcome you back.

Have a merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary at the Cherry Tree Inn this past weekend. Although we've been visiting the area for many years, it was our first stay at this hotel. Our room was on the second floor with a large picture window overlooking the indoor pool and hot tub area. Unfortunately, the noise from the pool area echoed right up into our room and was extremely loud and we could not relax which was the whole point of our trip. The staff did accommodate our request to be moved which we appreciated b/c I know the hotel was full. We were moved to a great room on the 5th floor which was quiet and relaxing. The hotel was very clean, the staff was helpful and friendly, and the breakfast was tasty. The little "extras" were a nice touch and we truly did enjoy our stay at this hotel - it was one of the nicest. Thanks to the Cherry Tree Inn for a great visit, we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms with a window overlooking the indoor pool are very noisy.
Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Good morning!

Thank you for your stay and thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize that the pool view room didn't work well for you. They can be a bit noisy during the pool hours (8 AM to 10:30 PM each day). But I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and get you happy. I'm happy you enjoyed all of our extra touches as well.

Have a wonderful December and Merry Christmas!

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Each visit is better than the last! This is a property that listens to its guests; they are always making improvements to their already-exceptional service. The location is excellent, with close access to downtown and Old Mission Peninsula.

Sheets and towels are wonderfully soft, and their Bee Kind line of soap/shampoo products is marvelous! The breakfast menu makes small changes daily, so there is always something new.

This is a very family-friendly vacation spot, with refinements to help anyone feel comfortable!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your kind review. I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay and you have noticed how we change and adjust regularly to meet our guest expectations. It's not about what we want in our hotel for our guests. It's about what our guests want.

Thank you for visiting and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Byron Center, Michigan, United States
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay! Beautiful views and always excellent service by Jonathan, the GM. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Complimentary great hot continental breakfast in the mornings! Highly recommend staying here while in Traverse City!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hello Sheryl S.!

Thank you for your recent stay and your kind words. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time and our clean rooms - it's so troubling to visit anywhere and find it unclean. Glad we could fulfill that for you.

It's always a pleasure visiting with you and I hope you have a nice end of the year. We'll see you again soon I'm sure.