“Clean and family friendly”

Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Troy, Michigan, United States
“Clean and family friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed in the family suite which was incredibly roomy for 5 of us. It was fully outfitted with a kitchen and dining room. It was nicer than some apartments. Friendly service and clean rooms were great. A little bit of a drive to downtown but not bad. I would stay there again with family or a group.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Good December day!

Thank you so much for your time to write a kind review of your stay. We're very fortunate to have you as our guest, and I'm happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean facilities. We'd be happy to welcome you back.

Have a merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!

Jonathan P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Korean first
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary at the Cherry Tree Inn this past weekend. Although we've been visiting the area for many years, it was our first stay at this hotel. Our room was on the second floor with a large picture window overlooking the indoor pool and hot tub area. Unfortunately, the noise from the pool area echoed right up into our room and was extremely loud and we could not relax which was the whole point of our trip. The staff did accommodate our request to be moved which we appreciated b/c I know the hotel was full. We were moved to a great room on the 5th floor which was quiet and relaxing. The hotel was very clean, the staff was helpful and friendly, and the breakfast was tasty. The little "extras" were a nice touch and we truly did enjoy our stay at this hotel - it was one of the nicest. Thanks to the Cherry Tree Inn for a great visit, we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms with a window overlooking the indoor pool are very noisy.
Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Good morning!

Thank you for your stay and thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize that the pool view room didn't work well for you. They can be a bit noisy during the pool hours (8 AM to 10:30 PM each day). But I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and get you happy. I'm happy you enjoyed all of our extra touches as well.

Have a wonderful December and Merry Christmas!

Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Each visit is better than the last! This is a property that listens to its guests; they are always making improvements to their already-exceptional service. The location is excellent, with close access to downtown and Old Mission Peninsula.

Sheets and towels are wonderfully soft, and their Bee Kind line of soap/shampoo products is marvelous! The breakfast menu makes small changes daily, so there is always something new.

This is a very family-friendly vacation spot, with refinements to help anyone feel comfortable!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your kind review. I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay and you have noticed how we change and adjust regularly to meet our guest expectations. It's not about what we want in our hotel for our guests. It's about what our guests want.

Thank you for visiting and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Byron Center, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay! Beautiful views and always excellent service by Jonathan, the GM. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Complimentary great hot continental breakfast in the mornings! Highly recommend staying here while in Traverse City!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hello Sheryl S.!

Thank you for your recent stay and your kind words. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time and our clean rooms - it's so troubling to visit anywhere and find it unclean. Glad we could fulfill that for you.

It's always a pleasure visiting with you and I hope you have a nice end of the year. We'll see you again soon I'm sure.

Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Cherry Tree Inn was a very nice place to stay. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable. The big chair was very comfortable. Everyone was very friendly, always asking if we needed anything, and how we were doing. Love the complimetary items; infused water, choc. chip cookies, newspapers, coffee, tea, hot choc. and the breakfast. There were many items on the breakfast bar to choose from. The pool was warm and clean, the hot tub was awsome. I really ejoyed coming to the hotel and relaxing in the pool and hot tub. We used the work out room, it was small but we still could get a good work out. We also took advatage of the arcade, it was fun to play pinball. our family member was there for surgery, when they got to there room there was a bouquet of flowers with a card wishing her well with her surgery. The front desk called when we made it to our rooms to make sure we found everything exceptable. We needed a feather free room, and this was the first Inn that made sure my room was feather free. Thank You for making our stay so great!

Green Features: They were very green, they left notices for options on towel use, all the lotions, soap and shampoo were all green. Way to go.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Good December day!

Thank you for your stay and I hope you had a safe trip home or to your next destination. I'm very glad that our hotel was so nice for your trip to Traverse City. I hope the surgery went well for your family member, and I'm happy we could help make it a bit more comfortable and surprising.

Have a wonderful last month of the year, and I hope you come visit again soon. Thank you!

Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Lovely stay at Cherry Tree Inn and Suites. Nice and clean room, great view and an excellent breakfast. The room we stayed in was very large and had an awesome view of the bay. It even had a TV in the bathroom! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day!

Thank you so much for your stay and for your review. I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay, especially our breakfast and the size of your room. And just wait until you see what updates we have in store for our bathrooms - including TV's in the mirrors and not hanging from the ceiling! We're excited for those changes to come in the near future.

Thank you for being our guest and I hope you come visit again.

Mason, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed in a studio room for three nights in mid-November to celebrate our anniversary. It was my first time ever to Traverse City. From our balcony we had a nice view of the east bay and enjoyed unseasonably warm weather while we were there. The hotel staff were friendly, and the hotel common areas and our room were clean. Other guests have raved about the breakfast fare; we, however, were unimpressed and only ate there once out of three mornings. The hot food offering was a waffle with syrup or biscuits & gravy. My husband was really looking forward to eggs and bacon or something that was warm and nutritious, like what you would get at other hotels offering breakfast. We decided on a bagel....but the toaster did not work unless you stood there and held the lever down while it toasted. We ended up eating yogurt. I watched one woman try to toast her bagel for several minutes before giving up. There was Starbucks coffee in the room, which was nice....but the bed was hard, we ran out of hot water while filling the jacuzzi tub, and couldn't figure out what was on tv as there was no guide...paper or on the tv....outlining what shows were on when. It was rather frustrating. The hotel is toward on the far east end of the east bay, so you don't have a lot of traffic. Overall the experience was ok...but as indicated in the review title we believe it was overpriced, especially for the off season.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paula T
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Good day!

Thank you for your time in writing a review of your stay. I apologize that it wasn't what you were expecting.

In regards to our breakfast, we do offer a variety of items like the ready to make waffles (in two flavors), fresh whole and cut fruit, 4 types of juices (orange, apple, cranberry, and lemonade), coffees (all roasted locally and freshly ground each morning - we even have a cherry flavor coffee), teas (all Tazo teas - 6 plus varieties), hard-boiled eggs, coffee cake, yogurt, bagels, English muffins, and cinnamon swirl bread. We do offer a rotating additional hot item. I apologize that on the day you tried our breakfast that we offered biscuits and sausage gravy, a combination that you didn't care for. On other days, we do offer sausage and egg patties or sausage patties and breakfast potatoes. We are always working to offer as much as we can at our breakfast. With space so limited, we can only offer so much each day and that's why we rotate the hot items to offer some variety. I do appreciate your comments as we continue to improve the selections.

We have replaced the toaster. I'm terribly sorry that we had it fail during that time. We had a poor toaster experience and we now have a different brand that we anticipate won't do the same for our guests.

I am sorry that you couldn't find a guide of programs on the TV. We do have cards in the rooms under the remote controls that explain that if you would like any TV listings, our Front Desk is happy to print them off for you. Our local cable company does not offer a TV listing in their lineup (and we have the premium HD TV line-up with the full HBO listings). I apologize this was an inconvenience to you.

Finally, I am terribly sorry for the hot water issue you experienced. This is certainly not normal. We did have a pump go bad for our hot water heater and the back-up pump we had on hand was also not working much to our frustration. We did have a technician on-site but we were delayed in fixing it due to availability of another pump. I am so sorry for this inconvenience to you and I certainly want to make it right. I have been in contact with multiple other guests this affected and I'm terribly sorry I haven't been able to work with you, yet. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience by emailing me at jpack@cherrytreeinn.com, so I can make this right.

Thank you again for your review and thank you for your stay. I assure you that your comments will help us be more proactive and make guest stays better. I hope you do come and stay with us again in the future. The room you chose was one of our premium Jacuzzi studio rooms, but we do offer 18 rooms types with varying rates.