“Great hotel!”

Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This lovely hotel is a fantastic bargain! The rooms are spacious, very clean and nicely appointed. The view from our room was lovely. The staff was warm and friendly and the breakfast delicious! Don't know how we could have asked from anything more! Great place to stay!

Room Tip: The rear of the hotel overlooks the water. Very nice view from balcony.
1  Thank Ramona612
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for your stay and your very kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed our value so much. And thank you for the awesome sunset picture. Very cool. I know I get spoiled by seeing these often, but they always strike me! Thank you!

Jonathan Pack

Write a ReviewReviews (3,505)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We chose this hotel based on the wonderful reviews we read. It is certainly a nice hotel with friendly staff, but a couple things really ruined our stay here.

Negatives- The first wasn't really the hotels fault. There were a ton of kids on our first night because of a soccer championship in town. Our room was located on the first floor, right by the back door that leads to the beach and there were kids in and out, tapping on the glass, slamming doors until well beyond 9 PM. We have a toddler that was in bed trying to sleep by 8 PM. This was very disruptive and not at all a relaxing experience for us. We would have booked some place else had we known the hotel would be full of noisy kids, but of course there is no way to know that in advance. The other issue is how loud the doors slam. You hear every slam, and it rattled the door to our room. Every. Single. Time. Another issue was how insanely loud the motor was on the fan that is supposed to pull the air from the front to the back room. It seriously sounded like a lawn mower. It was way too noisy for us and our son, not to mention I felt bad about the noise it must be creating for those above/around us. The hotel staff did bring us a fan so we didn't have to use the obnoxious fan in the room. The last negative was that housekeeping showed up as were trying to get out the door in the morning so my husband asked if they could come back a little later. We left for the day and didn't return until that evening. Housekeeping had never returned. We got a knock on the door after 6 PM which we ended up declining because we were unwinding for the evening. I guess they may have been busy and couldn't get to it any sooner, but still a little disappointing. Not a huge deal, but worth mentioning.

Positives- The beach is nice and well maintained. The staff are friendly and the hotel is clean.

We come to Traverse City regularly and were hoping to find a hotel we would love to return too. I think we are going to have to keep looking. :-/

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer G

Good evening!

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review. I'm terribly sorry that we didn't meet your expectation. In regards to the room, I do apologize that the room type was not convenient or comfortable for your family. We are working to resolve the air flow issue in this type of suite. We do have 66 other rooms that aren't designed that way. I do apologize that the room type just didn't meet what you were expecting. I will also see how we can quiet the door when closing.

I'm sorry for the pace of the housekeeping team and them not able to get to your room shortly after you left. I am working with the team on their pacing and efficiency. I know they will improve.

I'm glad you enjoyed our beach, our staff, and our cleanliness. I do hope you return and try our hotel again. Please contact me directly and I can help you find one of our other 17 room types that will work better for your stay.

Have a nice fall!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My friends and I made a third trip to Cherry Tree Inn in Traverse City and again found the accommodations and service outstanding. The rooms are clean and the staff goes out of their way to make sure that our stay is memorable. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jenny A

Thank you so much for your review and your return visits. It's great to see that you are finding our accommodations and service consistent. Sure - we make mistakes from time to time and aren't perfect. But our focus is consistent and I'm glad you have seen that in your times visiting. Have a wonderful fall!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at Cherry Tree Inn. Trip was for our 40 th anniversary. My wife has M.S. She takes medication that has to be kept cold. Because we had come in a day earlier than expected, we were in one room for the first night and the room that we had reserved for the next two nights. A man named Chaz at the reception desk helped us. The next morning they held our luggage for us, and even found a referigator for us to keep the meds in. About 1 in the afternoon, they called us to tell us that our reserved room was ready. They moved all of our luggage into the new room, and even moved my wifes meds to the refrigerator in the new room. Cherry Tree Inn is now our "go to" place in Traverse City.

Good evening!

First, happy 40 years of marriage. How wonderful! I wish you 40 more wonderful years at least!

I'm happy to see that the Cherry Tree Family took great care of you - especially Chaz. I've already given him an extra "pat" on the back. He's a wonderful guy who is wonderfully caring for our guests and for the Cherry Tree Family members.

I'm glad we'll be your "go to" place when visiting our lovely town. Have a nice fall! Thank you!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I just completed a 5 day get away. As usual we used the Cherry Tree Inn as our main base as we went to different areas in the surrounding counties. The room and view of the bay were excellent as always. Enjoyed the coffee on the balcony overlooking the bay before we went down for the complimentary breakfast which was great. The people at the desk and all the other employees we came in contact with we're pleasant and helpful as can be. Booked 2 nights and wound up extending for a third. The only mistake we made was going down to Cadillac instead of staying a 4th night. Truly enjoyed our stay and will probably try and stay there again if we can get away for the changing of the colors.

Room Tip: Make sure your room overlooks the Bay.

Hello!

Thank you for your return visit to Traverse City and the Cherry Tree. Not that we don't love our new guests, but we have an extra special connection to our repeat guests. Thank you so much. I hope you can get up for the fall colors. They are starting and looking wonderful! Take care!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights for a recent anniversary trip. What stands out here is the staff. From the front desk staff to the cleaning crew, everyone was very friendly and made a point to ask how we were doing. The rooms were also very modern, clean, and comfortable. My wife and I both remarked how well we slept on the bed and how quiet it was. The view from our 5th floor suite as remarkable and we spent a good deal of time on the balcony enjoying the bay view. We would definitely stay here again when back in the area.

Good day!

Thank you for your recent stay and congratulations on your anniversary! I'm so glad the staff really made your trip better. I'm happy you found the bed comfortable and the room quiet, too! I love our fifth floor room views as well!

We'll be happy to welcome you back. Happy anniversary - I wish you many more years to come.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Opinions on customer service vary from one persons perspective to another's. I lived in the Customer Service Industry for decades, from Running Restaurants to Servicing the Entire North American Auto Industry.

That being said, in my HAPPY opinion, Superior customer service is tested by fire! It's not when everything goes perfect that customer service stands solidly fixed. It's when unforeseen occurrences befall the customer service rep. and how he or she responds to your needs and concerns that tells the tale.. Is the customer service rep pleasant and patient, even under fire? Or, is he or she irritated and curt, or maybe not just not too concerned? It's what takes place in instances like these unforeseen occurrences that prove the quality of the staff. Do they step up and try and take care of the situation to the best, and I mean seriously best, of their ability! The staff at the Cherry Tree Inn are FABULOUS!! Sandy and the rest of the gang in the breakfast room worked tirelessly to keep things stocked and fresh. When things began to run low or dry out, they would diligently replenish and replace. Natasha, who, rotates positions, made sure to say hello to us with such a happy cheerful disposition every day. Jim, worked two separate nights to figure out what in the world was wrong with the T.V., remote, or game/video player and after finding out what was broke, Jim found a solution that satisfied the whole family! When we left a memory foam pillow behind after checking out, the chose was to hunt it down and ship it to us. This was decision was executed by Jane. The morning staff and afternoon staff at the front desk were always pleasant, cheerful and very helpful with any little thing we might need. Housekeeping met all our needs. We did not meet one employee that took his or her customer service position half heartedly. They cheerfully stepped up to help with the big and the small. This type of service is what I would call Superior. As stated, its not when everything goes perfect that proves out great customer service skills, it's when unexpected mishaps happen and how they are handled that will prove one's superiority in servicing the customer. Cherry Tree Inn Gets our vote!!!

Room Tip: Explain rooming arrangements or size of family. Do you want water front? What about first floor walk...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Valencia C
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Good afternoon!

Thank you for taking your time and writing such a kind review regarding the service the Cherry Tree Family provided you during and after your stay. While I apologize that you had a hiccup with the TV and some other items that needed some attending to, I'm glad that the individuals all stepped forward for you to make it easy and comfortable for you. I'll be sure to reward Sandy, Natasha, Jim, Jane, and all for their great efforts they put in each day.

Thank you again and I hope you can come visit again soon.