Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
$163
Country Inn
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$221
$210
CambriaHotels
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $262/night.

West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$299
Hampton Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$199
Parkshore Resort(Traverse City)
$210
$189
Grand Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$242
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$224
$217
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$205
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$339
Great Wolf Lodge(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$200
3,646 results
All reviewsflavored waterthe outdoor hot tubbathroom mirrorcookiesview of the bayshuttle servicebeach areaenjoyed our staygreat place to staywafflesexcellent stayfront desk staffbreakfast roomthe east bayfire pitliving roomstaff was very friendly
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very nice location being on a small stretch of beach. Many different room options, we had a party of 8 but were a little late in reservations so had to get 3 different rooms. Rooms are large, we had a corner room so had the extra set of windows with a balcony, one room was also large but the view was the indoor pool, and the last room was a one bedroom suite with jacuzzi tub and then a trundle bed in living room also had a nice balcony.

Staff was very friendly, let us use the breakfast room for our pizza delivery and card game. Also had their van take us to and pick us up from the casino. Only problem is they need a stepping stool as we had some older people that had a hard time getting in and out. They also let my daughters boyfriend play the piano that was in the lobby which we all enjoyed.

It was nice having a hot breakfast, but nothing really special, scrambled eggs that were flat squares, kind of strange but were ok. One day they only had sausage gravy and biscuits and people were a little upset especially kids. But they always had cereals, bagels, hard boiled eggs and such. It was nice to have coffee and tea all the time in the lobby.

They have fire pits we wanted to use but the weather didn't cooperate which was too bad. Used the indoor pool and hot tub. I just have a problem when there is a sign saying no one under the age of 14 and kids t the age of 6-8 are using it as a kiddie pool. I don't mind if they are in there with an adult sitting, but these kids, there were 4-5 of them doing handstands, splashing and the dads just sat on the side drinking their beer. We ended up getting out. I don't know if something like that could be monitored or not.

Overall a good trip and would probably stay here gain.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Good evening!

Thank you for your review of your August. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response. Our hotel group has taken over the Charlevoix Inn & Suites in Charlevoix, Michigan, so I have running the Cherry Tree and getting the Charlevoix Inn up to our standards of our hotel group. Very exciting, but I'm sorry for my delay to you.

I'm happy that you enjoyed so much of your stay - the large rooms, our friendly staff, the complimentary shuttle service, and more. Thank you for your suggestion of a stool for our shuttle. I am working on plans to make it easier for guests who have difficulty with stepping into the van.

I do apologize that the other guests didn't control their children better and abide by our rules for our hot tubs. Since we keep our hot tubs at 103 degrees and there have been studies that show that high temperature isn't good for children under 14, we have put that restriction up. We do work to monitor it, but I'm sorry we didn't do it better for your stay. I will work with my staff to better monitor that.

Thank you again for your review and your stay. Please do come visit again and enjoy more of what Traverse City has to offer. Thank you!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a really good hotel that obviously tries hard to do the best with what it has. Think Hampton Inn privately owned - meaning it it essentially a 'motel' but with great upgraded amenities such as (for my room) fridge, microwave, nice balcony, Starbucks coffee in the room, and very, very clean. The main issue is just getting to grips with just how much hotels in this area can charge (think over $200/night) for what you get. But if a view, clean room, friendly service, and great location is important (as opposed to no view and on the opposite side of the road) is important, this is a contender. I'd like to try other hotels only to see if they have a bit more character. One issue is the elevator ... one in the main building and it is slow! Internet was fast and free and breakfast right with a Hampton. So for the location and view, might be worth the cost but shop around. If you are okay with your room rate, they deliver a good product with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Unless cost if quite a bit more, room with a water view worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ordglobal

Thank you for your time and writing a review of your stay. I do hope you continue to visit Traverse City and do come visit our hotel again. We always continue to improve our hotel and I know you'll find a clean comfortable hotel with a friendly service-focused staff here.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed there in the spring for 4 nights and I can honestly say it was the nicest hotel we have stayed in. The room (108) was roomy with a view of the Lake. The breakfast was the best. I looked forward each morning to their hot cherry pie filling over the waffles. There also was a different hot dish each day such as scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. Good Wi-Fi is very important to us and they had it. Many places up North do not have good Wi-Fi. Another bonus was the good Starbucks coffee, available all the time. Our room was very clean. We are returning on Sept 9th for another stay there and have requested the same room. I do not understand any bad reviews because all the hotels are pricey in northern MI so for the money this is the best in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia H

Hello!

I'm so sorry for the delay in responding to your kind review. I have been splitting time between the Cherry Tree and our new sister hotel, the Charlevoix Inn & Suites. I'm terribly sorry that this has caused my delay in responding.

I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay in August and noticed all the little things we do to add value to our guests' stays. We don't like just charging based on the demand of the area and not providing anything more. We want to provide more - like our Fiber WiFi, our HD TV programming, our Starbucks coffee, and so much more.

Thank you for your stay and I hope you've had a nice rest of summer!

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Almost nothing about the cherry tree met my expectations. The breakfast was about as bad as it gets for a continental. They claim to be a resort yet they have nothing included. If you want to even sit on their water trampoline they charge you 60 dollars an hour. The hypocrisy of their environmental policy really bothered me. They claim to be a green hotel, and have put some environmental friendly policies in place, yet every morning they generate a huge amount of trash using styrofoam plates and plastic silverware. On the postive side, the hotel had great views, the staff was very helpful, and most importantly, it was clean. I guess I just expected more from a $260 hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Freestyle1980
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for your staying and taking time to write your concerns to us. We do appreciate them and they help us continue to improve.

In regards to the water trampoline, that is through a separate rental company that is not owned by our hotel. The company is the one that offers the water trampoline for rent. I apologize if there was any confusion regarding that. We do provide the company a spot on our beach for our guest's convenience to not only rent the trampoline but also boats, jet skis, paddle boards, kayaks, and more.

In regards to our offers, our rates include complimentary breakfast, complimentary WiFi, HD TV's with HD TV programming (we're one of a very few hotels in the area to provide that amenity), use of our two pools and spas - one indoor and one outdoor (we're the only select-service hotel to provide that), kitchenettes with sinks, microwaves, fridges, and cabinets (not just a microwave and fridge in the middle of the room), Sony Playstation 2's, iPad/iPod/iPhone docking stations, premium bed linens, 400 of beach front access with two fire pits, a 24-hour Sweet Shoppe, complimentary shuttle service to downtown TC, the airport, or the casino, 24 high-quality coffee in our lobby, Starbucks coffee in our rooms, and luxury bath soaps/liquids for our guests. We focus on value. When comparing our rates to a similar hotel in the area, you'll find almost no other hotel offers the amenities we do for the rate we do (which is generally lower or equal to the same room type at another hotel). I'm sorry that it didn't fit your expectations, though. We will work to provide more and more as we continue to do improvements for the quality of our guests' stays.

In regards to environmentally friendly practices, we do many that go unseen or unnoticed. For instance, the lower portion of our water frontage with the natural grasses was planted by us for the protection of the erosion areas of the beach, future fish habitats, and to keep invasive plant species from intruding. We have even done invasive plant neutralizing in the past along the shoreline near our hotel to help our local communities eco-system. Some other practices are our recycling program. We work with a great trash collector called American Waste. They provide one of the few trash collection systems that will actually accept almost all recycables and actually sort out your trash to be sure they have the paper, plastic, tin, glass, etc. sorted from the trash items. It's an incredible facility and we're very proud to have them in our community. We would use no one else.

And I understand your concern regarding the use of Styrofoam plates and bowls. In truth, though, it's a more environmentally friendly practice. Paper products - especially the think paper plates - generally take 12 times the water and 36 times the energy to produce than a Styrofoam product. Although Styrofoam does not breakdown as quickly in landfills as paper, our local trash company will actually pull the Styrofoam for recycling (yes, there are actually many uses for Styrofoam in a variety of fashions) or for better disposal. That is why we use the Styrofoam products (we only use the two items). The plastic forks, knives, and spoons are sorted out and recycled in our trash through American Waste. Again, that's why we love this trash company.

Thank you again for your review. I hope you do return and experience all of the amenities we provide for our guests to make for a great stay in the area. Have a wonderful August.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We travelled with two adults and two children, one who stays in a crib. When I booked the stay I told the agent of this fact and we still wound up with a single king bed in a very tiny room. The "crib" they offered was just a pack n play, which while serviceable, wasn't as nice as the real deal offered by other hotels (who charge much less per night). This issue would have been rendered moot had we been given a lake view room, but unbeknownst to us we were placed in a handicapped accessible (read, no bath tub) "courtyard view." Unfortunately, the "courtyard" is just a window looking into the indoor pool, having a first floor room made this spot kinda awkward because we didn't feel we could leave the blinds open without a serious invasion of privacy. Functionally we had a windowless room. Also, the pool is open until 10:30 p.m. So we wound up listening to the noise coming from the pool well past when our kids would have otherwise gone to sleep. These things would have been easily dismissed if I hadn't been so explicit during booking that we have small children. The two pools, the breakfast, the beach, playground, and amenities make this a great stay given the right room, sadly it wasn't the case for us. Next time we'll know what to ask for.

Room Tip: Demand a lake view, the courtyard is just the indoor pool, it's noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian A
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Good evening!

Thank you for your review. I apologize that we mislabel our pack and plays as cribs. I will look into ways we can improve those amenities for the families traveling with small children.

I'm sorry you didn't care for the room type that you reserved. We do label the room on the confirmation as a handicap accessible and as a pool-view room. While we do have 17 other rooms types through the hotel, I'm sorry that more rooms weren't available at the time you reserved so you could have reserved a water view room. I'm glad that you enjoyed all of our other great amenities, and I hope you do return and simply are able to reserve a room type that would work better for you and your family.

If you need any help reserving in the future, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you so much!