My wife, two year old daughter, and myself picked the Cherry Tree Inn for our first visit to Traverse City Mi. We had a great and comfortable stay.
We stayed in the Mackinak Island Suite and we were very happy with the room. The room was large, clean, and had a amazing view of the bay. TV's and appliances were modern. The kitchen had fridge and microwave. It was wonderful to be able to put our 2 year old to bed in the bed room, and have another living room to relax in without disturbing her. The balcony and view were the best part. One of the most impressive sunsets I have seen.
The pool / hot tub (indoor and outdoor) were small but nice. We never felt crowded and the water temp was warm. Pool was clean.
The lobby and morning breakfast were some of the best things about Cherry Inn. The breakfast was large and had a lot of variety for a free breakfast. Hot Eggs, sausage, bacon. Bagels, coffee cake, hard boiled eggs, waffle makers, cereals, oatmeals, etc, etc,. Our daughter loved it. The lobby always has a plate of chocolate chip cookies available anytime for anyone which was a nice touch. Another simple but nice touch was the flavored water dispenser. Each day it was a different item in the water (lemons, limes, mint, etc). Just a simple but appreciated extra. The lobby also has a comfortable TV area with free coffee anytime (cherry coffee is amazing).
The only complaint we have on this stay is the beach. We had planned our Friday to be the main "beach day." However, when we woke up, there were tractors on the beach churning up and cleaning the sand. We figured they would be done in an hour, so went to the pool to wait it out. But it lasted ALL day. The tractors kicked up dust which everyone was complaining about and no one could use the beach. It appears to be a nice beach location, but unfortunately we were unable to enjoy it. Not sure why the hotel would choose a Friday for such a disruptive construction job. Why not Wednesday?
But that aside, the location, room, and service is wonderful here. Its especially geared towards families with kids. If you are single or a couple looking for night life, i recommend staying more towards downtown as there are not a lot of adult actives (no bars, restaurants, or room service at this hotel). But everyone there seemed to have kids, and were all having a great stay.
We will happily return to this great hotel. Thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City hotel, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree’s smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a free breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, free high-speed wireless Internet access, free shuttle service (based on driver availability), 24-hour indoor pool, hot tub, and dry sauna, year round outdoor hot tub, seasonal outdoor pool, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, numerous comfy pillows, HD TV’s, bedside docking stations, Seattle’s Best in-room coffee, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City’s best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Traverse City