“Awesome”

Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Clean, spacious rooms with a nice balcony overlooking Lake Michigan. Friendly staff, nice lobby, pool and hot tub looked nice though we didn't use them. Breakfast spread was decent, but sufficient considering it was free and the room rates were very reasonable. Will definitely return next time in TC.

Room Tip: lake view room if possible
Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zrobock
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Good evening!

Thank you for your nice review of your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the cleanliness and the spaciousness of our rooms at the Cherry Tree. I'm also glad you enjoyed the views of East Grand Traverse Bay - part of Lake Michigan. The spring has given many gorgeous views of the lake!

Thank you again and have a wonderful spring. I hope you can return again soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hospitality at this inn is amazing, by far the best I have seen at any hotel. Chaz and johnathan at the front desk were so helpful with everything asked and they always had a recommendation waiting. Traverse city has a lot to do and is a super cute town. The beach and outdoor pool at the hotel are always outstanding. Definitely would recommend staying here for a girls weekend or family trip.

2  Thank Tlgutzke1011
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Hello!

My goodness! Thank you for your review. Most reviews I usually don't know the guest, but you and your three friends left such an impression on Chaz and me, that we can't mistake you for anyone else.

All four of you were a joy to have stay with us and I'm glad you enjoyed our town, too. Have a wonderful spring, and please do come visit again soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I spent a couple days at the Cherry Tree Inn in mid-may to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. This was our first visit to the Traverse City area. We stayed here based on trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff and encountered friendly and helpful staff throughout our stay. Even when we were on the elevator with staff members they were friendly and asked us how we were enjoying our stay. The hotel itself is top notch. We stayed in a Leelanau suite which was right on the bay with a wrap around balcony. We were fortunate to have awesome weather while visiting and were able to spend a lot of time on the balcony. The sunsets were spectacular. The suite had many windows to enjoy the beautiful views. The suite itself was very spacious and nicely decorated. There is plenty of room for a family to be comfortable in the Leelanau suite. The fireplace and in-room Jacuzzi were wonderful features. I noticed this hotel had a nice laundry room even though we didn't need it. The breakfast room had plenty of choices. I especially liked the hot cherry topping and whip cream available for the Belgium waffles, which my husband made for me each morning we were there. The indoor pool and hot tub were great. I noticed a parking area across the street with a paved walking/biking path that seemed to be very busy. Overall we had a wonderful time in Traverse City and if we return we will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I chose our room after reviewing cherry tree's website. It has room layouts and helpful pictures...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skipper438

Hello!

Thank you for your stay. It's wonderful to hear this was your first time to Traverse City and that you celebrated your 30th wedding anniversary here. I hope you saw how wonderful our town is. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel as well - especially our waffles!

The sunsets are spectacular - even as a local who sees them so often, I am still wowed by them on a regular basis.

I hope you can come back again and enjoy the TART (Traverse Area Recreational Trail - the trail that was across the street from our hotel).

Thank you again for your stay. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Excellent service every time we stay! The rooms are very spacious and clean with modern decor. The views are amazing from the rooms. Indoor pool and hot tub are great, as are the jacuzzi tubs in the rooms! Nice location to area attractions. The water with a different fruit/vegetable mixed with it each day in the lobby is a nice touch. Will definitely stay here again.

Hello!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and thank you for your return stays. We especially appreciate our guests who return to us many times - it allows us to know them more and offer more personalized services each time.

I'm glad you noticed and enjoyed many of the amenities we offer. Wait until you return - we'll have our Fiber Internet all up and going (expected next week or the following) and we just put in our iPod, iPad, iPhone docking stations in the rooms this past weekend.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed here for my Honeymoon with my new wife. Great hotel,loved the location next to the bay, excellent service, the staff was really friendly, excellent room, the breakfast was also very good. Overall our stay was great, we will come back to stay the next time we are in Traverse City.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael R

Good evening!

Congratulations on your marriage and thank you for coming to Traverse City and the Cherry Tree to celebrate it. I'm glad you had a lovely time and enjoyed your stay. I wish you a very happy first year and many years to come.

Thank you again and have a wonderful spring!

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for price and location to downtown Traverse City. The hotel even offers a complimentary shuttle to downtown as well as the airport and casino. This hotel is kept really well, has a nice little beach behind it off the lake, indoor and outdoor heated pools, and complimentary breakfast! Expedia messed up our reservation because we has to change the date and the hotel was accommodating to get this error fixed at the last minute. They put us in another room and even gave us complimentary movie and snacks for the inconvenience- how nice!! I'd surely stay here again!

1  Thank Jill4115
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Good morning!

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that Expedia goofed on your reservation, but I'm glad we were able to resolve it and help you have a wonderful time in Traverse City.

I saw that you also got a chance to visit Bry's Estate winery. We love recommending them. They have wonderful wines, and I personally love their Naked Chardonnay and their Pinot Noir best. Those two wines are probably my favorite in the entire region, and it's hard to have a favorite when we live in wine country with so many exquisite wines.

Thank you again. I hope you have a wonderful spring and come visit again!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We got our room from the friendly staff and settled in. About 10 PM something went wrong with the toilet where the water wouldn't shut off so we had to move to a different room. Without us asking, the staff volunteered an adjustment to our room costs for the inconvenience. Turns out they gave us the room for free that night, beyond our expectations.
Rooms were clean and comfortable with good beds. AM breakfast was as expected in this price range. Try the cherry coffee! We would definitely return if we ever came back this way

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank David B
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Good evening!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm terribly sorry for the toilet issue that you experience. While we have fixed it, it's frustrating to us - and I know it was to you as well - when an issue arises where we have to move you in the evening. Further, we couldn't get you into a room type similar to yours since we were so full. For those inconveniences to you, we felt it was necessary to do the proper adjustment.

We'll be happy to have you return and I'm sure you won't have another issue in the future. Have a nice spring and I hope you made it home safely.