“Very nice!”

Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is our third stay here...honeymoon, 1st anniversary, and now our 2nd. Checked in to our room about an hour ago and were quite pleased when we first walked in...we are in the Leelenau Suite on the first floor by the outdoor pool and hot tub (not sure we'd like that in the summer). Spacious room with separate bed and living room. Would definitely come here with the kids. I'll let you know how the whole stay turns out.

1  Thank MrsA32611
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for your kind in-progress review. I hope you had a wonderful stay - our Leelanau Suites are quite roomy. They are available on other floors, though, so you don't always have to be on the first floor near the outdoor pool and hot tub (some really love that convenience for their families).

Have a wonderful day. Thank you again and happy anniversary - wonderful!

Jonathan P.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,472)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I stay here every year in March! My absolute favorite thing to look forward to all year! Rooms are always prices right, clean. I love that they were fresh coffee, cookies and flavored water during the day all day! The free breakfast is a wonderful bonus! You couldn't ask for a better more friendlier staff for your stay. We also love how its so close to Hooters ;)

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jrccwc

Good April day!

Thank you so much for your repeat visits. I'm glad that you enjoy it each time. Consistency is certainly very important to us. I'm glad you like our convenience to Hooters, too.

I hope you have a great April and rest of spring. We'll see you again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My mother and I stayed here on St. Patrick's Day night, 3/17/13 and had an awesome experience. Check in was smooth and swift and the staff very nice and pleasant. Due to medical reasons, my mom likes a jacuzzi in the room so we rented the Leelanau suite. It was so nice. Very clean, well appointed. Loved that the bedroom had doors to block off the room when someone was in the jacuzzi tub. Plenty of towels and awesome environmentally conscience toiletries. The shower was roomy and the shower head was so nice..still want to get one of those for my own home. The view was gorgeous even in the winter. Didn't take advantage of the indoor pool/spa or the outdoor hot tub but both looked very nice. The only thing I could possibly think of to recommend is putting at least a two person plate setting in the cabinet. You have a small wet bar; sink, mini-fridge and microwave and a table for two, seems only right to have some kind of dishes in there. And I almost forgot! The room smelled so good! Like vanilla or something similar. My mother and I tried to find a plug-in or something but didn't find anything responsible for the pleasant aroma. The pull out sofa bed leaves a little to be desired so I wouldn't bother with that much. Didn't check out the hot breakfast but everything smelled wonderful while I was checking out. And the chocolate chip cookies at check in are a lovely touch. Over all, a wonderful place to stay while in the area. Many restaurants and stores right along the main drag making this hotel very convenient. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy F
Jonathan P, General Manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for your "very nice" comments regarding your recent stay at the Cherry Tree. It's so nice that your mom was able to enjoy the in-room Jacuzzi. It looks like you had a Leelanau or Harbor Spring Suite. Those suites offer a lot of nice room and features.

Thank you for your suggestion of two place settings in the kitchenettes. We'll certainly take that into consideration for future improvements. Thank you for that suggestion!

We'll be happy to welcome you back again soon. Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for a short getaway over St. Patty's day. We had the Mackinaw Suite which was spacious and comfortable. The flowers and wine I ordered for my wife were waiting for us in the room upon arrival. The view of Grand Traverse Bay was very nice but would be nicer in the summer. Overall it was the nicest place I have stayed in Traverse City. It beats the Grand Traverse Resort and the other smaller resorts along the lake shore.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovemexico222

Good afternoon!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's really nice to read that you found it so relaxing at the Cherry Tree. I'm glad you and your wife had a good time and hope that you come back to enjoy again.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

A hot tub outside that worked well in the winter, with a view of lake michigan... AWESOME! hotel crew was friendly, my only negitive remark, game room sucked.. just 3 crappy games .. Overall, it was just daaaaaaaaamn good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hello!

That's AWESOME that you enjoyed the outdoor hot tub and the friendly hotel crew. They were happy to see your review!

I'm sorry for the game room games. We offer the in-room Playstation 2's and then some simple arcade games in our game room. I'll see if we can do anything better in the there in the future.

Thank you for your review and your stay. Have a greeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaat day!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great place to visit for a few days. Located right on the bay and close to shopping and restaurants. The room is updated and clean. The staff is helpful. Pool is nice but a little cold. The breakfast assortment is great there is something for every type of eater.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Good day!

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm happy you found the room updated and clean - that's important for any hotel, right? I do apologize that the pool was cool. I have checked that since and have found it to be at 84 degrees and the hot tub to be at 103. We'll keep an eye on that to make sure they are staying consistent.

Thank you again. Have a wonderful start to spring and come visit Traverse City again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at the Cherry Tree Inn for two nights March 13 and 14 during our winter March break with my elderly parents. We had two rooms, one was a corner room, each with two comfortable queen beds on the fourth floor overlooking Grand Traverse Bay and the view was spectacular. The rooms are very spacious with three phones (one in the bathroom, along with a mounted white tv). Each room had a microwave, mini fridge, bar sink and individual coffeemaker with Starbucks coffee. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. The heating system can be set to a specific temperature. We used the continuous fan at night. My husband and I used the pool and the whirlpool one morning and it was lovely. The continental breakfast room is bright and offers a wide variety of items and two hot items that change daily. My parents enjoyed the belgian waffle with hot cherry topping. The entire property is very clean and we would recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bay side have an outstanding view. Corner rooms are nice and sunny.