As a returning guest, I cannot say enough how wonderful it is to stay at the Cherry Tree Inn.
The staff here is exceptional. They greet you with a smile - and not just the front desk, everyone. Janitorial staff, room service, the breakfast room, etc. They are all eager to please, and want you to enjoy your stay.
The rooms are wonderful. The view of the bay is a treat. I have seen some complain about the "beach", but they also have to remember that our lake levels are the lowest they've been since the 1960's. Not much you can do when levels have dropped over a foot. All you can do is hope that things change in the future for everyone's benefit. It's a sign of droughts, no snow, and milder winters. The waterfront is beautifully landscaped and a great spot to enjoy watching the waterfowl, and I'm sure in the summer, to watch those with boats and such. Back to the rooms - my Mom sleeps horrible at home, but when she's at the Cherry Tree, she sleeps for nearly 8 hours. I do, too. The beds are great, and the rooms are so quiet. At times we felt like we were the only ones there, yet they were about booked. They had a winery package, the Women's Weekend (which is why we were there), and a bachelorette party going on, and it was still so quiet.
The breakfast room and what they provide is more than ample for starting off the day. It's no honey bun in a plastic wrapper and a cup of coffee. You have choices of fresh fruit, make your own waffles, bagels and cream cheese, cereals of different kinds, yogurt, and usually biscuits and sausage or eggs.
Management is very welcoming and you will find that as you visit more, you feel like you are visiting family. It's really a great feeling to be so relaxed and to have no worries.
As a friend of ours said in the hospitality business, there are some people you just can't satisfy no matter how backward you can bend. So, if you ever see a negative review, toss it aside, as they must be very hard to please. Cherry Tree continues to do an exceptional job at creating a place to stay where one can rest and enjoy the area.
We'll be back this winter if we see snow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City resort, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree's smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a complimentary hot breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, complimentary wireless Internet access, indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, a sauna, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, high-definition TV's with high-definition channel programming, including a full HBO line-up, Sony Playstation 2's, iPad/iPhone/iPod docking stations, Starbucks coffees, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Traverse City