My husband and I spent the weekend at Cherry Inn celebrating our wedding anniversary. We booked the Leelanau suite since this was a special getaway. We picked this suite because of the description of the room's "privacy". When we arrived, we found we were on the first floor and our "private" balcony didn't exist -in fact, there was no privacy at all. The "private" patio was several steps from the public access steps to the beach. This is where all the smokers visiting at the hotel congregated and when we arrived, a large group of guests were getting their party started for the evening. We requested a different room. No other suites as what we booked online were available, so we were offered a studio. The Leelanau is a HUGE suite and well worth the price that we were planning to pay. The room was plenty big and had both the fireplace and jacuzzi we had booked the Leelanau for, however in comparison, was probably 1/2 the size of the original room we booked. The disappointment is that our total room rate with taxes ended up only be a mere few dollars less. This doesn't make any sense when you compare the room sizes. The other issue we had was that our air conditioner was really loud. Otherwise the rooms were clean and well suited and the staff friendly. The morning breakfast was more than adequate with the make yourself waffles, assortment of fresh fruit, yogurt and pastries. Plus they offered a hot item both mornings. The first was sausage gravy and biscuits and the second, sausage patties and egg patties. We would return but would negotiate our pricing better. The studio was not worth the price they charged us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City resort, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree's smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a complimentary hot breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, complimentary wireless Internet access, indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, a sauna, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, high-definition TV's with high-definition channel programming, including a full HBO line-up, Sony Playstation 2's, iPad/iPhone/iPod docking stations, Starbucks coffees, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Traverse City