As we chose a place to stay in Traverse City, it became pretty apparent that it wasn't going to be cheap. For a few bucks more than the chain places, we got a room at Cherry Tree. There were many appealing reasons to stay - and here's how they panned out:
1) Private beach access. Once you get past the muck (about 50 feet from the beach chairs) - you are out into the lake and it's pristine water. The area near the beach is very shallow - we were out at least a few hundred yards and it was still below the knees. The sand is beautiful, the water a decent temperature. Awesome.
2) Indoor pool - this came into play one day during a thunderstorm. Although a little chilly, we were able to splash around for a good half hour. They also had an outdoor pool, but we never made it there with the lake.
3) Good continental breakfast - Fruit, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Pastries, Waffles, and a rotating hot selection. A great start to each morning - no need to dine elsewhere.
4) Cookies at the check in desk. Chocolate Chip - my favorite.
5) Spacious room with walk out patio (we were in the Elk Rapids Studio) - a beautiful look at the lake each morning. The room is very clean, and we hardly heard any noise from the neighbors.
6) Walgreens across the street (if you need it.)
7) 10 minutes from the heart of Traverse City.
8) A nice little playground right next to the beach.
The only quibbles are it is difficult to navigate the parking lot at times and we also didn't get our room made up until after 3:00 each day - which led to a little juggling of schedules, but you can see how I'm stretching for issues. It's worth the extra money to stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a top Traverse City hotel, the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites leads in service, cleanliness & comfort. With 400 feet of East Grand Traverse Bay waterfront, the Cherry Tree’s smoke-free facilities provide the comfort you look for while our staff provides the service you need. Amenities include a free breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, free high-speed wireless Internet access, free shuttle service (based on driver availability), 24-hour indoor pool, hot tub, and dry sauna, year round outdoor hot tub, seasonal outdoor pool, and fitness and arcade rooms. All rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, numerous comfy pillows, HD TV’s, bedside docking stations, Seattle’s Best in-room coffee, Tazo teas, irons and ironing boards, safes, and kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks. Reserve your stay at one of Traverse City’s best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cherry Tree Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Tree Hotel Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Inn And Suites
- Cherry Tree Traverse City