“Wonderful Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Midwest
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed November 23, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Cherry Tree Inn for a weekend getaway in November and found the staff to be very friendly and the room to be clean and very spacious. We stayed in the Harbor Spring Suite and it was fantastic. We are planning to return next fall and have recommended this hotel to everyone we have spoken to.

• Liked — Large room, private balcony with wonderful view, privacy
  • Disliked — Traffic while trying to leave the parking lot
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BigRigDrivah
Jpack, Front Desk manager at Cherry Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2007
Hello!

Thank you for your kind comments. I am almost positive I know who your are and I hope you got home safely. Thank you so much and have a great winter!

Best,

Cherry Tree Condo Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Korean first
Garden City Mi
Reviewed October 21, 2007

My family and I visited this place from May 31-June 3. Had no problem with the room. Probably the best I ever had. Loved the idea of a safe to put valuables in. Beach was starting to look pretty rank.
Management said they can't groom it without a government permit.
Well, go to the Cherry Tree web site now and see how bad it looks.
The water area looks even worse. The day I checked in May 31
didn't start very well either. I walked up to the front desk and stated who I was and the girl said I was supposed to be there on May 30 which wasn't true. I had called the inn directly and had made the reservation with the front desk manager. I mailed payment for our stay and never did receive a confirmation notice. Twice they tried to get me to pay for an extra night and i ikept insisting they were wrong in what they had as an arrival date. What ended up happening was they had to cancel my original reservation and try to find me a room
which they did after about 15 minutes and making myself and my family stew there the whole time. Finally a room was found and we settled in. On Sunday night the night before we left the front desk called our room and asked me to come down to the front desk and talk about trying to collect again for the extra night which really cheesed me off. I e-mailed the inn sometime after we got home about the problem and said how disappointed i was in how they handled the situation. Not even a chance was given to me and my family for a free night's stay. That would have been much better than the letter of apology I got telling me sorry at how the inn really mishandled the situation.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank PETALS55
Dear sir or ma'am,
Yes, I did mix up your reservation for the wrong nights, and it was completely my fault. Being that it was my first time making a reservation by mail correspondance only, I mistakenly failed to send you a confirmation letter regarding your stay. If I would have sent it, you probably would've noticed the wrong dates of your reservation and had them fixed in time. Unfortunately, that is not how your stay panned out, but we did get you into a room identical to the one that was reserved. And we did accommodate you the way that we promised - after clarifying that we made a mistake with your dates.
Regarding our beach, although it is hard-packed sand and free of stone and pebbles, it did have grass growing on it this past summer, grass that is there because we are cooperating with the Department of Environmental Quality and the Army Core of Engineers. Hopefully, we will receive a permit next summer, allowing us to maintain our beach and keep it free from most grass, but we'll cooperate with the local, state, and federal government guidelines. Being that we are more affected by the low lake levels than most properties, we have to work with the government more than most properties as well. However, as a T.C. boy from birth and raising, the view and swimming quality of the teal waters of Grand Traverse Bay is always nice.
Again, I am deeply sorry that everything didn't go perfectly for your stay, but I do believe that we accommodated you as we said we would. Our only mistake was the wrong dates, but we were still easily able to correct the error. Also, I do understand that you may not come back to our property, but you can always contact our Front Desk staff for ideas of other properties to visit - we aren't partners with any others in T.C. or Michigan. We always want to care for everyone who is trying to enjoy our lovely area.

Cherry Tree Condo Hotel Management
michigan
Reviewed October 2, 2007

We just recently stayed at the Cherry Tree and it was an excellent choice. The rooms were clean, neat and nice.

The front desk personel where very helpful. Getting extra pillows, tea in the room instead of coffee. Cookies in the lobby. It was just a refreshing place to stay.

Our room was on the ground floor so we were able to walk right out to the bay, very relaxing. We were also located close to the tart bike trail and other activites as well. I would recommend this to anyone especially families.

• Liked — Customer service and laid back feeling
  • Disliked — road noise when outside you can hear it from major roads
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank gardeningladyjane
saline
Reviewed August 23, 2007

the beach was disappointing,a shallow marsh.

• Liked — nice room. Beatiful view
  • Disliked — the beach was disappointing, a shallow marsh, not good for swimming. The continental breakfast is over by 1030,early for vacationers
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tigerladySaline
Cincinnati
Reviewed August 19, 2007

We absolutely loved Cherry Tree Inn on the Beach. It's in a great location on the East arm of the bay where the water is warmer. The hotel staff were wonderful. All of the employees are exceptionally nice and friendly. The rooms are perfect. We had a fabulous time and will absolutely return here. I highly recommend this hotel/condo suite. We love Traverse City and will definitely be returning next year.

• Liked — The beach
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family