Our family chose the Grand Beach Resort Hotel after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. Our first choice was the Tamarack Lodge, but they were only booking reservations with a minimum of a week stay. It turns out that the Tamarack's beach was not as nice as the Grand Beach, so it worked out afterall!
The hotel was updated recently and our room was nice and clean. The TV wall unit was a bit banged up though. The beds had pillowtop mattresses and were very comfortable. The showers were nice with but the toiletries were Suave and not very good.
The beach was fantastic! The kids had fun making sand castles and walking out very far into the lake without a drop off coming anytime soon. The sand was like sugar and they cleaned and raked the beach every morning. We walked along the shoreline and took a look at the beaches of other hotels along the strip. Grand Beach Hotel's beach was the best by far, with minimal shells, rocks, weeds, etc. that we saw at the other properties beaches.
The pool area was standard and the hot tub did not get very hot. It was nice to jump in the hot tub and relax those tired muscles after the dune climb!
The included breakfast was good. The kids (as well as everyone else) seemed to enjoy the goumet cinnamon rolls. The Belgium Waffles were tasty too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Grand Beach Resort Hotel is one of the finest waterfront lodging facilities located on the beautiful beaches of East Grand Traverse Bay in Traverse City, Michigan. Greet the stunning sunrise or relax to a gorgeous sunset from the privacy of your own balcony or patio overlooking more than 300’ of sugar sand beach being caressed by the waves of East Bay. This Resort is perfect for enjoying water sports, local shopping, and the best of eateries, wineries and breweries. You can also enjoy the plentiful amenities such as an indoor pool, hot tub, complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, fitness center and more to make your stay not only enjoyable but memorable for years to come. The newly renovated rooms offer our guests pillow-top mattresses, a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and in-room safe. From larger suites that can accommodate up to 6 people comfortably, that includes a lovely leisure living area, to more intimate rooms with a king bed and a sofa; there is sure to be a room to fit your vacation or business trip needs. Welcome to Grand Beach Resort Hotel where your search can end and your adventure can begin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Beach Hotel Traverse City
- Grand Beach Resort
- Grand Beach Traverse City