This was my first visit to TC. My family & I (1 another adult & 1 male teenager) spent 4 nights. It is a very family-oriented location. There were lots of families with smaller children. Many of those families seemed to be occupying the beach view rooms. My room faced the courtyard (parking lot) & was quiet. I didn't mind walking down to the beach. There was a booth set up to so guests could pay to use jet skis, the water trampoline and other water equipment
The room was decorated with a cottage/nautical theme. The bed/linen were fine (I have back problems). The fixtures and bathroom were newer & clean. The breakfast bar is very basic, more of a continental breakfast with two waffle makers, but satisfying. The lay out of the breakfast buffet area isn't the best, so there tends to be a line. During my stay, the staff didn't start removing the items @ the designated time, instead allowed the last guest to serve themselves.
Even with the "hidden resort fee", I thought not having to try and cross M-31 (from another hotel) with a (comfortable) beach chair and other items was worth it. The public access/parking area down the street was crowded & I think was metered parking and/or a fee. There were ample chairs and chaise lounge chairs outside of the hotel. I was able to take advantage of a travel special/coupon, so I found the cost of my stay to be reasonable.
I appreciate the convenience of a refrigerator & microwave. We were able to store left overs & keep beverages cool. Many of the staff members were very friendly. There were chain and local restaurants in the area as well as fast food choices.
We also drove to the Dunes during our stay...well worth the trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Grand Beach Resort Hotel is one of the finest waterfront lodging facilities located on the beautiful beaches of East Grand Traverse Bay in Traverse City, Michigan. Greet the stunning sunrise or relax to a gorgeous sunset from the privacy of your own balcony or patio overlooking more than 300’ of sugar sand beach being caressed by the waves of East Bay. This Resort is perfect for enjoying water sports, local shopping, and the best of eateries, wineries and breweries. You can also enjoy the plentiful amenities such as an indoor pool, hot tub, complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, fitness center and more to make your stay not only enjoyable but memorable for years to come. The newly renovated rooms offer our guests pillow-top mattresses, a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and in-room safe. From larger suites that can accommodate up to 6 people comfortably, that includes a lovely leisure living area, to more intimate rooms with a king bed and a sofa; there is sure to be a room to fit your vacation or business trip needs. Welcome to Grand Beach Resort Hotel where your search can end and your adventure can begin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Beach Hotel Traverse City
- Grand Beach Resort
- Grand Beach Traverse City