“The Filling Station”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Microbrewery on site
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Filling Station Microbrewery has a great selection of beer, with brews ranging from Pale Ale to Dark. They also have really good flat bread pizza with a variety of menu items as well as a build your own selection.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Did not have any food, but really enjoyed their microbrews. A nice selection. If you want a nice selection of microbrews, this place is worth a stop.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed in TC Sept. 14-16th to get away for a relaxing weekend. We decided to bring our bicycles to take advantage of the great TART system. From our hotel (Comfort Inn) we easily found the TART trail to downtown TC. On our way back from a long day of farmer's markets, cycling along the bay and some shopping and wine tasting, we were ready to go back to the hotel and clean up before dinner and drinks. Halfway back we stopped at a light noticed there was a train station right in front of us and immediately remembered The Filling Station reviews we had read on TripAdvisor. We stopped in around 3pm on a Saturday and it was relatively empty which was fine with us as we had the bartender to ourselves to ask all our geeky beer questions. He was so kind and welcoming as were the servers and pizza maker all of whom asked us how we liked everything and just made the experience that much more special. (FYI - by 6:30 the place was full and included all ages.)While they offer 4, 6, and 8 full sample options that come in a nifty train holder, we just had a tiny sample of a couple of beers before ordering full pints. After we ordered our pints we went to relax on their outside patio which is the former waiting platform for the train. Plenty of tables outside to sit and relax and enjoy beer and a pizza. We are from Chicago so I feel that we know good pizza and The Filling Station has some very tasty flat bread pizzas! We ordered the Wolverine which had pineapple, pepperoni and jalapenos...yum!! The toppings were perfectly balanced with sauce and cheese. Do not miss trying at least one if not two of these pizzas. You will not regret it. As for the beer, I am a hop-head and when I saw that they had three on tap I was super excited. I tried all of them as well as the pale ale and was pleasantly surprised. All were very good! The hubby had the Scottish ale as well as the pale and stout which I of course sampled and enjoyed immensely (the stout being just ok to me, but I am not a big stout fan). We ended up staying there for almost three hours just drinking, sharing a pizza, listening to music (nothing too crazy and no heavy metal), playing Yahtzee (yes I actually have a small travel game on me at all times on vacation), enjoying the beautiful scenery and weather and just enjoying our relaxing time together. I can't recommend this place enough. If you want to relax, sit back and just enjoy life, this is the place to do it.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We came here on the great reviews on tripadvisor and weren't let down. Beautiful location next to a community-looking garden with views of a lake across the railroad tracks. The place looks super hip, has a lot of outdoor seating, and low and high tables inside. Order food and beer at the bar counter. We ordered the stump jumper pizza - with lots of mushrooms, caramalized onions, and roasted garlic. So delicious! The two who have opened this place have a great vibe. All fresh ingredients in their pizzas and she makes up the recipes as she goes. Inventive. :) will be back for sure.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We love the IPA's, stout, and ale. The beer craftsman knows what he's doing. I always get a salad. Really good. Has figs. And I don't think there's a beer we don't like. They name the beers after the numbered train tracks. The building has a great ambience. During the summer you can sit out under the old "waiting area" looking out on Boardman Lake. The place just really clicks. Everyone seems to know each other. It's just a friendly place. Do you like beer? Then get in there!