“Always a hit with the kids!”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed here for three nights in July 2014. Our kids are five and eight. The kids loved it. We stayed in a Kid Kamp room. They enjoyed having their own cabin complete with bunk beds and TV. The extra money for the Kid Kamp was worth it because they really left us alone whenever we were in the room. The water park was pretty crowded but we never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a water slide. The only downside is that you end up spending a lot of money here between the arcade and the bowling alley.

Room Tip: We have stayed at the Great Wolf twice. The first year we were on the first floor. We enjoyed that...
There are newer reviews for Great Wolf Lodge

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We have been to this location at least once a year since they opened. Check in was less friendly than in the past. Not sure if person was tired or new. She gave me wrong amount of wristbands and then didn't give us our gold bands (not a huge deal). We usually get a special bag of goodies since they don't really have a rewards program. This was our 4th hotel in 2 weeks of vacation and was the most expensive and least impressive. We have talked about just going to a beach hotel in TC instead of Great Wolf, will see if we get any deals. It seems the weekend we go is blacked out of ma you of the specials.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed one night. All in all I gave it five stars. When we booked a room we did one with the little mini cabin for kids. When we checked in they said we booked two queen beds. I didn't feel like arguing it and I'm glad I didn't. We really didn't spend any time in the room. For a one night stay we spent about 15 or 20 hours in the hotel waterpark. The kids had a great time. The lifeguards are top notch. We had one issue with a kid who was acting up and parents were nowhere to be found. Lifeguard were right on top of things and took care of it. I noticed they were even letting the relief lifeguards know of the problem too which was nice. They constantly pace back and forth watching everyone which is a nice change from some other waterparks where the lifeguards just text and play on their phones.

I also noticed that one of the lifeguards was off duty with his girlfriend and was messing around with one of the on-duty lifeguards. I was probably the only one in the whole waterpark that noticed and I said nothing, but I supervisor saw it and was immediately on top of it. I was very impressed.

The total room bill was around $250. Yes, that is expensive. However, if you consider what you would pay for admission to a waterpark, they usually run $30 - $40 per person. So you already have $160 sunk into admission. With this waterpark, it is indoors so the weather doesn't matter. Only guests can use the waterpark and it was not crowded at all during the week.

Everything was clean, very safe, great location. If you want to save some money, I'd avoid the on site food and activities other than the waterpark. I admit I'm cheap so I'm sure others probably won't think the prices are that bad.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Oh_Piggy
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our family has been to the Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells so we knew what to expect for the most part. The one in the Dells was great, but the friendliness of the staff and lifeguards at this one was beyond great! I was intrigued by the lifeguards and how they worked. Our 8 year old took a Jr. Lifeguard class one of the mornings and I was blown away as to what she learned from two of the lifeguards. What a great place! We had such a fun, fun time!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This was our family's first time at a water park & we loved it. Plan on spending A LOT of $ here. I hate when you get numb to how much you're shelling out on vacation but, alas, that's what happened here. That said, the kids (6 & 9) loved everything. We only spent 1 night but checked in at 1pm & splurged on late check-out to make the most of our time there. Both kids loved Magic Quest which really surprised me. Bowling was perfect for those pint-sized. Our room was on the first floor which was perfect: close to all the amenities, far from the running Magic Quest kids & very quiet. We didn't leave till 7 pm the following day due to there being so much to do. Would love to come again....but need to save up first!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family which consists of myself, my husband and our 4 children stayed at Great Wolf Lodge on July 31st for 2 nights. We had a wonderful time and would most definitely return. The water park was very clean, all of the staff were friendly and helpful. I was most impressed by all of the life guards throughout the water park and outside at the pool. They were always very attentive and alert. Job well done to all of them!! We did not eat any meals inside the lodge as it is too expensive for a family of 6. We did however get ice cream one evening and I had breakfast at Dunkin Donuts located inside the lodge. Both were wonderful and not too pricey. We also played mini golf on the property and that was a lot of fun and very reasonably priced! Lots of activities for all ages to do!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and kids (ages 8, 7 and 3) visited Great Wolf Lodge at the end of July 2014 for a family vacation. We were thrilled with the water park, the staff and the Magic Quest game. First, the water park. Everything was so clean and the lifeguards are amazing. They have a wonderful lifeguarding system from what we can tell. The lifeguards change their station/loation every 30 minutes or so and they're constantly scanning the area. We were very impressed. Second, I can't say enough about the Magic Quest game. What a wonderful way to entertain our children, without TV. I was very impressed with this as well. Our older two children did the game on their own in the morning and the evenings and even a bit during a break in the park. We would sit downstairs chatting with other parents while the kids went about looking for their clues. They all loved the wands. It was just amazing. The staff is attentive and very nice to the children. All in all, I was impressed with everything except for the room. It was dated and the bathtub was stained which really didn't bode well for me. We're definitely coming back. I'm hoping they'll renovate a bit before we return.

1  Thank GRMom