2,748 results
All reviews water park magic quest dunkin donuts life guards all ages bowling alley indoor waterpark magiquest game great family fun camp critter kids cabin dance party older kids bunk beds a lot of fun scavenger hunt whole family
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a must-see destination for any family or couple. If you are looking for a great time, the slides are the place to be. The hotel rooms are first class and seem to be pretty sound proof, in half a dozen stays, never an issue with noise from neighbors - that is rare in hotel stays. The restaurants are great and the service staff is five star quality. There is lots to do, not just the pool but shopping the cool store that sells some great merchandise. We watched parts of the air show in Traverse city from the parking lot and parking is really easy to get around. Must visit!!

Room Tip: If kids, you must shop the kids room, its worth the extra money. Make yourself climb the stairs to the big slides, you won't regret it and will find yourself climbing them over and over again reborn like a kid again!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Bottom line is I'm glad we only stayed one night. Our older teens seemed to get bored with the waterpark much faster than we had anticipated. I suspect younger kids would have a much better time. Room are nice, but the odd HVAC always overrode my settings to default back to what I can imagine is a more 'green' setting. So, at night, I awoke every 45 minutes or so to set the temp back to where I wanted it. Very frustrating. Bison herd next door is neat - not part of the property.

Room Tip: avoid the old insane asylum turned shopping mall. It's creepy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JSVTR
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our second time at the Traverse City Lodge (once before at the Sandusky, OH) and it's wonderful. We were there for the Halloween weekend fun. Our kids had an amazing time. They are 4 & 5 years old so they weren't able to do everything, but still had a blast. The water park has a great selection of activities (pools, slides, lazy river, etc) to keep the kids interested and having fun for hours. We also got to trick or treat through the lodge in the evening followed by story time, halloween costume parade and a dance party. My daughter (5) loved the dance party in her costume with 3 of the characters. We also spent some time coloring in the Cub Club, playing games in the arcade and the kids even got to play a game of bowling in the mini bowling alley (super cute). Can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have fewer feet running around above you :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Having stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin we had high expectations for this trip all of which were happily met.

The water-park area whilst not as big as Wisconsin is great fun and our whole family had an amazing time on the slides and pools. We also had food and drink in this area which was pretty decent for fast food and served with a smile by the staff. The Main restaurant was also a highlight serving excellent food.

Our room was everything you'd expect, especially for the high price of a Lodge stay, but when coupled with the park facilities it's worth the expense. The beds were comfy, room clean and although we had a balcony there isn't very much to see with the lodge being a distance from the Lake.

If you've never been to a Great Wolf Lodge before and you have kids I'd highly recommend a visit, they and you will love it. The Traverse City Lodge is a great example and a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Brought the kids here for some family time and they absolutely lived it. The water park is awesome for the kids and they have a lot to offer at a heavy price.
I was extremely disappointed with the spa. Took my daughter at 9am to get a mani/ pedi and facial and was told they were booked for the day. However, we then played at the arcade for awhile and no one was there to get anything done for over an hour. My daughter was highly disappointed and so was I.
The food at the restaurant was not bad, but I didn't appreciate kids on their magic quest running around setting things off and knocking my daughters chair while she was taking a drink and making her spill. Would have been a lot nicer without all the extra commotion.
The rooms are kind of small and cheap for the price and the beds are extremely uncomfortable. But the kids loved sleeping in the bunk beds in the wolf den. But overall my kids are happy and had fun. So my empty wallet and sore back are worth it.

Stayed: October 2013