2,725 results
All reviewswater parkmagic questdunkin donutslife guardsall agesbowling alleyindoor waterparkmagiquest gamegreat family funcamp critterkids cabindance partyolder kidsbunk bedsa lot of funscavenger huntwhole family
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We've been to indoor water parks. This just seemed to top them all. Our 3 & 4 year olds had a blast! Thankfully, 42" tall to ride the big waterslides with us. I requested a room close to the waterpark (to avoid a long trek with the kids). Room was perfect. Just a family suit, just right! We enjoyed family-friendly food on-site at a reasonable price. Took in evening storytime. Next time (when kids are a bit older), we'll probably splurge on the pup packs for the magi wands and build-a-creature.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank redandblonde
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We recently stayed here for a 1 night stay. Our room was a Wolf Den Suite. The kids love the bunkbeds. We loved that they had their own "room". We had plenty of time to use the waterpark on Saturday night and on Sunday morning too. We visited CampCritter restaurant an dinner was good. The kids also had fun in the arcade and with the bowling alley. PJ and story time was really fun. All of the kids had the chance to attend the dance party too. Our room was nice a suited our needs. It was a handicap accessible room so we had a little larger bathroom, which is helpful with 3 girls getting ready.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cooperspeople
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was able to find a great low discount rate for a two night stay, paying for one night in advance. Two days before our stay, I tried to add an additional night at the beginning of the trip but was told none of my discounts (early, 2+ nts, corp rate) were available. I refused to pay full price, and let them know I was disappointed and would stay at another hotel as I was not willing to pay the full rate (we wouldn't use the waterpark or any amenities for first two days as we would arrive late and in soccer tourney). I was shocked that they would refuse a paying customer's business and risk not filling the room.

We had two adults, a teen and tween girl. Much of the GWL is geared toward elementary ages, however we had that expectation. The day of our check-in, I phoned at 11am and asked about possible early check-in. We were hoping to get a room around 2pm. The front desk was very nice - first told me to phone back, but then said, "well, I'll just assign you a room that I know is being cleaned right now." I was very appreciative on the phone. We were able to check-in at 2pm and were told we were upgraded to the largest suite on property - WOW - I paid for smallest w/ discount. We had very limited time in the hotel, but our room was very clean and comfortable. Our registers were very loud - my only complaint. We did not eat in the restaurants, but Dunkin Donuts was a regular stop and opened at 7am and was open in evening too. Spa facials for teen/tween girls were lovely (30 min). Arcade was fun for them too. We enjoyed the mix of games that actually had some physical activities tied to them too - skeeball, ballistic, air hockey, etc. On our second day we finally went to waterpark - it was fun. We did the big slides, got the bucket dumped on us and went in the adult hot tub (other wasn't hot). One afternoon/evening with older kids is plenty of time to experience everything. Smaller kids seemed to enjoy storytime and characters. Magicquest was popular but $18 min for wand - with infinite add-on options. My 12 yr old was vaguely interested.

EVERY employee we encountered was friendly and helpful and it seemed like they really enjoyed their jobs. I have not experienced this level of service in quite some time - BRAVO!

Room Tip: Majestic Bear Suite (#348) felt like home. Spacious suite with private king room. Large double balcony. Pick a higher floor for less noise, although only noticed it on a very busy Sat night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AFM33
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our group of 7 stayed one night at this property and had a blast in the water park.

Our top floor, large room with a loft, two bathrooms, vaulted ceiling, living room and patio was very expensive, but suited our needs well. There was enough space for everyone to be comfortable when we were in the room together. We had a small coffee pot and mini fridge as well.

We checked in at 1 pm and began using the water park, and didn't leave until well into the afternoon the following day. The slides and lazy river were great for people of all ages. There was a pool set up with basketball hoops and other sports equipment that was always busy, and a nice, large outdoor pool as well. The facilities were clean and the lines were manageable.

On the downside, we were disappointed that this location didn't have a wave pool. Also, the waterpark lifeguard staff followed this very stiff, unusual routine of walking a set pattern around their area and sharply turning their heads. I understand that lifeguards have very serious responsibilities, but it was really surreal. There were staff coming around watching the lifeguards doing this crazy routine, and no one seemed like they enjoyed their jobs. They kind of looked and felt like robots. While that didn't take away from our fun, it was very odd and made for a strange atmosphere.

We played a round of golf mini golf and had fun, although we were surprised to learn that you had to pay to play.

We mostly brought our own food and drink, but did have dinner in the restaurant once. The service, selection and food was good (although a bit pricey) and the atmosphere was fun.

There is a game (we didn't partake) for an additional fee that gives kids wands and they run around the hotel to certain points on all floors for interactive features. While it didn't bother us, it did last until 9 or 10 pm. If a family had small sleeping children in a room near any of these features, I could see that it might be problematic.

Overall we had a great stay and a blast in the water park, and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BusinessTraveler04
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed for two nights and had a Wolf Den room. The full/queen bed was lumpy and the bunk beds had fitted sheets that kept coming off the bed while our kids slept. After the first night we asked to have the bunk bedding changed but the issue persisted.

• Stayed: September 2013