2,722 results
All reviewswater parkmagic questdunkin donutslife guardsall agesbowling alleyindoor waterparkmagiquest gamegreat family funcamp critterkids cabindance partyolder kidsbunk bedsa lot of funscavenger huntwhole family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed in a standard family suite. Our room had two queen beds, a couch, dinette table with two chairs and a kitchenette. The kitchenette had a mini fridge and microwave. Make sure you hide the bottled water provided in the room...they were over $2 each! Bring your own cooler with beverages. We also brought our crock-pot to make easy meals like sloppy joes and even breakfast casserole. We did eat a few snacks at the ice cream/candy shoppe and the snack bar at the pool, which was typical resort prices ($$). We did not eat at the restaurant so I can not comment on that. Our bathroom contained a full size tub and commode. The sink/vanity is outside which is nice because someone can get ready while someone else is bathing, etc. The bathroom was clean except for mildewed caulk surrounding the tub. At first glance the room looked clean. However, my son lost his glasses so in the process of hunting for them we "tore the room apart". Filth. Disgusting! We found food behind the couch, underwear behind the dresser, dirty band-aids and tissues behind the beds. It looked like the room hadn't been deep cleaned in over a year. TONS of dust bunnies hiding in those dark corners. I was very upset based on the price of the resort and the well known name. My sons both suffer from allergies and asthma so we were not happy about the possibility of them getting sick.

We opted for Paw Passes, a one price pass for various souvineors and activities. I would say the value of that was fair. My boys still wear the t-shirts they made as well as play with the stuffed animal. Magiquest was a little too advanced for them (they were 5 and 7 when we traveled). They didn't complete their quest, but they did enjoy running around with the wands.

They both loved story time by the big clock. Get there early for a good seat. BOth night we let our boys wear their PJs down and they loved it. There is a meet and greet afterwards with one or more of the characters in costume.

The waterpark was well maintained. The lifeguards are amazing. We were only there about 3 minutes before we found out how quickly they respond. My 5 year old jumped into a pool thinking it was shallow and found out quickly it was over his head. I was running to jump in when a life guard beat me to it. He was shaken but ok and he wore a life jacket (they provide them) for the rest of the day. We experienced a few "code browns" during our stay. Whenever bodily fluids or other waste products are discovered in the water, the pools and or slides in the effected area are shut down for sanitizing and cleaning. This can take up to an hour. Evern with this precaution, my son ended up with a stomach bug which most likely resulted from ingesting contaminated water while swimming.

The arcade is nice. I liked the debit card system which allow money to be added to the card so that kids aren't running around with loose change etc. As is typical for most resorts, your room key can also be used for purchases in the gift shops, snack bars etc.

All in all, we had a nice time as a family, but we wished it were a lot cleaner. We ended our trip a day early due to the stomach bug (fever, diarrhea, vomiting, etc). We don't plan to go back to this location. Our next family waterpark trip will probably be to Boyne Mountain, as we have heard rave reviews from friends and family as well as other guest at the Lodge during our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, the ceilings are vaulted which makes them feel larger than they are.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I had always wondered what the rooms at the Great Wolf Lodge were like. Based on what I paid for the room I expected at least a clean room. However the room was dark and dingy with a carpet that looked as if it had not been swept. It appeared that only the bed had been made and clean towels placed in the bathroom. Was it terrible - no. But when you pay over $200 I expect at least a clean room and somewhat well lighted..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RickMichigan1
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great place for children and adults to have fun. They don't give breaks though on anything as if its costly enough they also charge you for every little thing. They charge for lockers for every little extra small thing they'll charge you for it they don't consider the fact that their patrons already spend an average 350 a night that they might consider not charging for every little thing. We pay them enough they should show some appreciation for our monies and patronage and cut us a break on some things. Otherwise a fun place just be ready to spend a lot!!!! Heck for what we spent for one weeks stay we couldve went to disney world!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank langel18
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is so fun. There are a lot of things to do for little kids. There's bowling, ice cream parlor, a big arcade, storytime and of course MagiQuest. The little ones really enjoyed MagiQuest and the waterpark. We ate at the restaurant and the food tasted good. Overall this is a really good hotel for families with kids. I will definetely be coming back to this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We loved our 2 night stay at Great Wolf Lodge! Even though my grandson has broken his wrist the week before our trip he was able to do almost everything in the waterpark, The only thing he couldn't do with a waterproof cast was basketball in the water, But we almost didn't get this 8 yr old into the water because he was so enthralled with the MagiQuest activities. He demanded to quest til quiet hours and was up and going on his adventures as soon as his feet hit the floor. We had to encourage that a little breakfast would benefit us all, but he was still shaking his magic wand in the restaurant to awaken the magic animals there. Our servers in the grill were amazing and cashiers in the Magiquest quest store were helpful. Beds were comfy and room was clean. Food in the grill was very good. You can also order pizza delivered to you at the pool area or food to your room from the grill. We never got a beer while sitting in the waterpark but it looked tempting. There are many chain restaurants closeby to eat at too. Water park was great. Lifeguards were very conscientious though I would still recommend parents be watching your kids. Dunkin Donuts in lobby was handy for breakfast when in a hurry. This lodge isn't cheap, but worth a special trip if you can share a room with several people. Never got to the outside pool. The water pail that dumps 1,000 gallons of water on you was a favorite for my grandson. this place was close enough to Sleeping Bear Dunes Lakeshore and several wineries. Our server in the grill gave us lots of information about Sleeping Bear Dunes and even a plastic glove to protect my grandson's cast from the sand! Kids of all ages seemed to be excited about MagiQuest. You buy the wand but can bring it back on another trip and have it reactivated for 11.99 I think. Lodge staff was helpful and check in and out was fast. Sweet shop offers ice cream and cookies, etc. The ice cream in a cup was good after swimming. We avoided the arcade as we'd just been to Chuckie Cheese. Parking was ample in the lot. We were so busy for the two days there but enjoyed the whole time!

Room Tip: I think perhaps higher rooms may have less hallway noise, but quiet hours were quiet. A large group of kids would be really fun with one of the larger suites with bunk beds or kids wings and cabin style. We had 4 adults and an 8 yr old and the small family suite with pullout couch was adequate.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family