Great Wolf Lodge
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$150
$117
$95
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$152
HolidayInn.com
Grand Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$150
$144
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$149
$127
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$139
Hampton Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$139
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$100
$86
Parkshore Resort(Traverse City)
$130
$117
2,543 results
All reviewswater parkmagic questdunkin donutslife guardsall agesbowling alleyindoor waterparkgreat family funmagiquest gamecamp critterkids cabindance partyolder kidsa lot of funbunk bedswhole familykids love
Reviewed September 4, 2007

I'm surprised at some of the negative reviews. This place was really great for bringing children to. And I think you have to keep that in mind. It is set up for children. It will be loud.
My husband and I took our 3 year old son and infant daughter to this hotel on an impromptu trip to Traverse City. We had an absolutely wonderful time. We took turns with the kids to go on the big waterslides.
The staff was great. They were helpful, kind and appeared to like their jobs. The lifeguards in the waterpark were great.
The rooms were big (as was the price but we expected the price) and my son loved sleeping in his own loft and watching the fire.
I liked that we could carry a card around with us and charge things to the room. We didn't have to worry about money in the water park. This was expecially helpful when we got hungry and were not ready to leave the park yet.
The night time story hour in the lobby was so much fun for my son and all of the other kids there.
My son was too young for it but I did think it was nice to see the older children running around the hotel playing the Quest game. They really seemed into it.
Like my title said: Everyone was happy. We saw very few meltdowns or sibling fights. Everyone just seemed relaxed.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mistyalicia
Reviewed August 23, 2007

This was our first trip to Great Wolf and it exceeded our expectations. We had previously visited Splash Village in Frankenmuth so we had somewhat of an idea what to expect but this lodge is huge and the waterpark is almost double the size of Frankenmuth's Splash Village.
We stayed in a Kid's camp suite, and our kids loved it. (Ages 7 &12). We would definitely recommend it. Game room was cool, the atmosphere is themed around outdoors. We had originally planned to stay 2 nights, but ended up adding a 3rd night, the kids loved it and I guess my wife and I did too, since we agreed on the 3rd night.
In regard to pirce we called in regard to the gamers galore package and between that and our AAA discount we were able to get the suite for roughly $184 a night and then the 3rd night was $139, which we definitely liked and compared to Splash Village it was a deal. Splash Village runs roughly $250 a night for a suite. So I am definitely recommending Great Wolf Lodge and I would try your best to get some type of deal on the room.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 12, 2007

First the Good Rooms were big- clean front lobby grand, public spaces clean kids were excited---waterpark great but the bigger slides closed multiple times during our stay reason tech problem & weather I have 2 tweeners a 10 and a 7 year old Outside pool so warm it was not refreshing(But we did go in Aug)after sweating all day in Williamsburg needed a cool dip and a cold beer but couldn't get service at the outside bar we were completely ignored later to find the same staff serving at the resturant so we went elsewhere--Our neighbors had a big group and a great time but you could hear them in and out of their two rooms late and I'm not talking 12 midnight as late either. My suggestion would be if you need a water park --- make reservation here for the winter months---Summertime use the package deal- for busch-gardens and water country cheaper and water-country is bigger (but go late around 5 pm no crowds can get through all the slides quickly)--Great Wolf is an inside pool with inside pool smells and heat.. I did notice the lifeguards were well managed and attentive. for kids....Also know the area first because there are not many locals to ask for help. The front desk is extreemly busy (when I was there dealing with complaints)

Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank 25scarlet
Reviewed August 4, 2007

My family stayed at Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City as part of a business trip/vacation for my husband's company and were thrilled that most hotels were filled for the Governer's Convention and so were lodged here. The room was expansive including a privacy wall, balcony, and pull-out couch. It was sparkling clean and while not onger new, certainly not in need of renovation. The indoor waterpark was fun for a couple of hours on a cool July day. But the big surprise was Magic Quest, a magical scavenger hunt using wands that caused screens, chest, crystals to interact with the guests when you waved your wand. The basic experience costs $26 but it can fill up 1/2 to a day and more trying to fulfill 10 quests and 3 adventures. Most of the players were children and pre-teens but my 16 year old had a blast. It was like video game and puzzle but keeping the kids active going up and down stairs and down halls. The restaurant was fine and only slightly expensive. We wanted to try the spa but the cost was too high. The staff was very friendly and helpful from check-in to housekeeping to pool staff.
Highly recommended for famiies.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank BashfulBeki
Reviewed July 24, 2007

Stayed in a KidKamp for 4 nights with the Gamers package, which was a great deal from their website. Our 12 & 10 year olds LOVED the magiquest and played it a ton giving Mom & Dad some time to chill, and they loved seeing their names on the tv channel in the rooms. Highly recommend this if you have kids who love video games and with Gamers package, it was free! Check in at 5 pm went smooth, room looked great, couldn't find a luggage cart. Front desk said they are down the hallways on either side of the lobby. I looked, nada. Stalked a family in the parking lot and snagged one about 45 minutes later. HINT-they are all the way down the hallways in the stairwells leading outside. Front desk should be more explicit about where they are stored. Also, why aren't the front doors to this hotel automatic? You have to yank them open, hold them with your foot, shove your cart/luggage/whatever inside and then do the next door. Our kids are older but it was a huge struggle for families with young kids to handle as well. They really need to think about installing automatic doors, it's a kids hotel!
Waterpark was great, lifeguards are excellent. However, I personally witnessed many kids running across the lilly pad things. They should pad the sides of the pool there, and the kids should be made to not run on them. Rest of the waterpark was great, minigolf & the arcade were fun. Food is pretty good both in the waterpark and both restaurants, no more expensive than any other amusement park to us. Loved the smores for dessert. The mattresses on the bunk beds in the suites are about 3 inches thick and covered in plastic. The sheets they use don't cover them completely and they are hot, loud and uncomfy. HINT- ask for fitted sheets/top sheet and bring your kids sleeping bags to throw on top of the mattress, they will be happier. We had the loud elephants above us also, so we just turned the ac fan on and left it running to drown out any background noise and it worked fine. Overall, it was a great time and just a few things they may want to address to make it easier on the families that stay there. All of the hotel staff we encountered were very friendly and seemed happy to be there. The lobby is a great place to sit with a cup of coffee and check out things. Kids will be amazed and the bedtime storytime will enhant them. We were sorry our kids were too old for it, but my husband and I sat there while our kids played Magiquest and it was very sweet for the little ones. We will be back, my kids haven't stopped talking about the Magiquest game.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family