“Dunes and National parks”

Traverse Area Recreation and Transportation Trails
Ranked #13 of 115 things to do in Traverse City
More attraction details
Owner description: Traverse Area Recreation & Transportation (TART) Trails is system of paved and dirt trails for walkers, hikers, bikers, skaters and skiers in Northern Michigan. Trails are open year-round and available for many users and uses. Many of the paved trails offer access to local breweries, wineries, coffeehouses, restaurants and other area attractions such as lakes, river and beaches. Many of the dirt trails offer world class mountain biking and hiking opportunities for users of various skill levels. Numerous area bike shops offer rentals for any type of technical or recreational riders. Dogs are also welcomed on the trails and must be leashed and cleaned up after.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

What a great time ... there were choices of easy to difficult trails. There were 6 of us and had a blast . Weather was Perfect

1  Thank M S

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We rode about half the trail, starting mid-point and riding north into Sutton's Bay. The trail is smooth, in great shape, and runs through peaceful countryside. This is a wonderful amenity for the area. We also rode the new 5 miles from Glen Arbor to the Dune Climb. That's a really pretty ride as well.

1  Thank CSFMi
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I decided to rent a bike and leave from Cherrybend road to Suttons Bay on Mother's Day. I encountered a detour while the trail is being finished to Sutton's Bay. I discovered for the first time in 30 years just how breathtaking Leelanau County truly is with it's farms, vineyards and horse ranches. I now have rediscovered Northern Michigan with a deeper appreciation for my home. I love the little market just outside Sutton's Bay where I was able to rest. My goal is to bike the entire trail by next year with an ergonomically correct bike to reduce sore muscles. We are blessed with the best outdoor nature trails for pure exercise. Only in Pure Northern Michigan. I also walk and bike the trail on 5 mile where a view of the bay for half the pay is physically and mentally rewarding.

1  Thank B W W
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We rode the trail on a Monday and wasn't quite so busy. It was easy access from the Americinn motel as we had to ride to the rear of parking lot to get on trail. We enjoyed the trail as it went along Grand Traverse Bay. The only problem we experienced was the detour in the downtown area.

1  Thank SteveO73
Reviewed September 2, 2012

as first-time city bikers, we enjoyed the diverse trail, which meandered through town, and the waterfront. would have liked the trail to be more clearly marked -- the path is painted over asphalt or concrete, and several areas are in need of fresh paint. perhaps markers similar to park paths (on wooden posts) would help "newbies" ... ???