“Would Stay Again”
Review of Traverse Bay Inn

Traverse Bay Inn
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay without that hotel feel. Had a kitchenette, which afforded us the ability to make our own breakfasts. Loved the hot tub and pool. Far enough away from the businesses, but close enough to get downtown when you want. Easy access to the bike trail, with their bikes!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

By far he best quality. Friendly staff and very clean rooms. The pictures do it no justice at all. Never have I had a room somewhere where I didn't make them out new bedding on while I watched. This place I didn't have to do that! I inspect the bed very well each place I stay and this one passed with flying colors. No stains, no hairs no bed bugs. We will always stay here now.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Pool is very nice. Beds are very comfortable. Bathroom insanely small. Location is perfect. But once we saw our socks and the bottoms of our bare feet totally black from the carpet, we got a bit grossed out. Also, bring your own hair dryer. Even though they say they provide them, the first one we tried sounded like a fork in a disposal, and the second one we tried smelled like burning parts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you very much for alerting us of your experience. Due to our direct-from-your-car entrances and the fact that you must cross the lot when returning from the pool we are aware there is certainly the potential for "walk off" on the carpet when guests enter the room. We use a special non-oil based environmentally safe parking lot sealer, clean the lot regularly, use walk off mats, rotate the carpet cleaning, rotate carpet replacement, etc. but in your case those things just weren’t enough of a solution and I apologize.

Returning guests to the Traverse Bay Inn hopefully have discovered that we are indeed a small resort where you probably were checked in by the owner (me), handed a real key, parked in front of your room and walked in the door, (you can even open a window when you get in your room!) No excuses but I guess we've discovered a possible trade off to the usual hotel experience of parking in a huge parking lot away from your room and schlepping your bags; through the lobby, down the hall, up the elevator, down another hall and to your room where the electronic key doesn't work!

We want to do the very best for all of you and always want you to know that when you have a problem please do let us know immediately so we can be afforded the opportunity to take care of it for you. Things do come up and we do make mistakes, I know how important your vacation time is and we want to do everything we can not to spoil your time in beautiful Traverse City! Thanks again for the review; I've got to get back to cleaning those carpets!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My daughter and I were here for a brief mother/daughter weekend. The inn was not posh but extremely well kept and clean. Dogs are allowed here, but due to allergies, I requested a "non-pet room" as well as one that was fairly quiet as the inn is situated on busy Highway 31. Jeff, the congenial owner, accommodated us perfectly. We loved our two-floor two-bedroom suite with extremely comfortable beds and a full kitchen. Unlike what you usually find, these units had separate bedrooms, not just separate beds divided by a wall divider. We did not have time to use the pool, but the path running behind the inn (for about 30 miles) was perfect for running, walking, and cycling. I highly recommend the Traverse Bay Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SHL2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very clean, very convenient, a big bang for your buck. We were there for a Porsche Club event...and paid 35% - 50% less than the "host hotel." The sitting room includes a sofa in a separate area from the bedroom, a nice area to relax with a sizable flat screen tv and a kitchenette that included cookware and linens. Pool and jacuzzi area very clean. We loved parking right outside our door and not having to schlepp luggage all around. Even though it's right off the main drag, we did not notice traffic noise. Location is great with a bike path (behind motel) and FREE bike rentals. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Immaculate and well maintained. Knowledgeable staff provided good recommendations for food options.
Our unit had kitchenette, bath, sitting area and bedroom on main level; bedroom and jacuzzi spa upstairs.
We were here for an overnight, but could easily do very well for a longer stay. Would return again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our stay at the Traverse Bay Inn was fabulous. We came for the Cherry Bomb Lacrosse Tournament. July 26-28, 2013. It was me and my son and another teammate. I loved the place. It's quaint, clean and well kept up. The bikes are the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. Our room had a full kitchen, bedroom downstairs and another bedroom upstairs with two beds that accommodated my son and our friends son and me downstairs. It was perfect separation for the two boys and me. We used the pool, spa - both were very nice. Great location. The beds were amazing - bleachey white clean and so comfortable. Tons of closet space and storage. The laundry room came in handy to wash uniforms. When I come back I will probably stay there because of the well kept up conditions and because of the full kitchen. Thanks Jeff for a great stay.
So NICE to have a change of pace from the same old standard room with two beds. I recommend the Traverse Bay Inn highly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family