“The best hotel experinece ever!!”
Review of Traverse Bay Inn

Traverse Bay Inn
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Scottsdale, Arizona
“The best hotel experinece ever!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My son Evan and I once again stayed 3 delightful weeks at the "Traverse Bay Inn" from May 30th thru June 17th, 2013. We were so welcomed and the staff/owner took great care of us. All were so friendly and became family. What ever we needed the staff was so accommodating. I love the rooms with the full kitchenette and outdoor heated pool/jacuzzi. They also have a well cleaned, up dated laundry room which made life so much easier. The rooms were clean, quiet and having a lot of space for storage and for a child to run around. I felt so at home and very safe. My sincere thanks to the owner "Jeff", Megan & Diana." Evan and I were so touched by the good bye gifts. We love you all and look forward in staying with you next summer. Hugs, Cathy & Evan

P.S. We're now off to the Greek Islands..Let's hope our experience there will match up to our stay @ Traverse Bay Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CathyPantzartzis
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Wow, what nice things to say about us! Thank you very much for relating your experiences at the Traverse Bay Inn, I'm glad we could serve you well. It's always fun to make new friends and share all of the great things our area has to offer with our guests, you had some great June weather and were able to enjoy the lower rates that time of year brings as too! We have been so excited and busy getting ready for our summer; I hope everyone enjoys the new TVs, A/Cs, and other upgrades we are working on for this year. As always we enjoy adding to our list of friends who regularly stay with us, how great that is. I hope to see you again next year, Cathy, have fun in Greece!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed June 20, 2013

While there is nothing fancy about Traverse City Bay Inn, there is plenty to write home about. Clean rooms w/ a kitchenette,comfy beds, beach access across the street, bike trail leading into town (8 miles?) or Suttons Bay (22 miles) behind the well maintained beautiful property, Walgreens, Family Video, Burger King, Speedway, and Bob Evans all in walking distance. DId I mention they put out bicycles for loan every morning? The only stipulation is to return them by dark. There is a picnic area with grills, a pool, as well as a hot tub. Wine tours also pick up from this hotel. It was a wonderful experience that I look forward to repeating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MichiganTravelChick
michigan
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I do not beleive you get what you pay for. We payed very little and got a ton. We wanted to save some cash for wine and food so we deceided to stay at a small motel. It was clean and comfortable. The towles and linens were fresh and soft. The room was a studio which is one of the smaller rooms. I would not have known. We had a kitchen but only used the full size fridge. The grounds are clean and you feel like you are in the woods. The pool was in use with families and it was just a very pleasent stay. I have paid triple and not received better accomidations or customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cnews
Zeeland, MI
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Traverse City for the first time. As usual, I looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad I read about Traverse Bay Inn. At our arrival, I was very pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the Office area. If that was to be any indication of the cleanliness of the Inn's rooms, we were going to be very pleased with our stay. Traverse Bay Inn is an exceptional place to stay. We were greeted by a very friendly staff person. Check in was done very quickly. Our room was fantastic. I totally agree with other reviewers that the room was like a small condo with a small living room, kitchen and eating area. The bedroom looked out over a woodsy area. The price we paid for this exceptional suite was phenomenal!! What an outstanding find!!! I would give Traverse Bay Inn more than five stars!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I came to Traverse City for a recent work trip and we decided to make a weekend out of it. After another reservation fell through, I found the Traverse Bay Inn. Were we more than impressed!!! This Inn is cleaner than I ever thought possible and most five star hotels I have stayed in. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. I will definitely be recommending the Traverse Bay Inn to anyone I know that will be visiting the Traverse City area. And, I can guarantee, we will be staying here on our future trips to TC!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 113Kate113
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed May 27, 2013

All the positive reviews were right with this place! Absolutely loved our room and we were lucky to have the woods out our window so it made it seem very rustic. The room was fantastic and it was right down the road from a Walgreens and many places to eat. Check in was super fast and the price was the best I could find in the area! Would love to go back here someday!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank banjo60
Urbana, IL
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place was an incredible deal. Although not located in the center of Traverse City, it was located close to the beaches on the East Bay. The price was a steal. The hotel room was more like a small condo: it had a small living room, a refrigerator, microwave, oven and cupboards full of cooking utensils. The bedroom was in a separate room. There were 2 tvs. The place was immaculately clean. It was also quiet, despite being on highway 31. The people working there were very friendly. I stayed here 2 nights. My only regret was not staying here longer!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo