Traverse Bay Inn
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$150
$118
$95
Grand Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$139
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$149
$130
Hampton Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$139
Hampton.com
Parkshore Resort(Traverse City)
$130
$117
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$86
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$152
All reviewsupstairs bedroomsmall apartmentfull kitchengas grillown mealsperson tablesized fridgejacuzzi suitelove seatqueen bedlate arrivallonger staybusy highwaytwo night stayoff seasonstayed two nightsoutdoor pool
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The location is great at east bay. I chose this motel based on trip advisor reviews. The rooms were clean (with exception of the carpeting, which is strange because the carpet appeared clean and newer, but the bottom of my feet did turn black as stated in another review)...but, that aside, the beds were clean and the bathroom was clean which is what I care about. We had a two bedroom suite with the second room upstairs with two beds and there was plenty of room for our 1 year old's pack n play (travel bed) up there. Grandma and grandpa slept in the downstairs bedroom and we slept in the upstairs bedroom. I suggest bringing a safety gate for the bottom of the stairs if you have a toddler...lol! Anyhoo, the building and rooms are nicely maintained. The fullsize fridge and freezer was nice to have. We had a minor problem in the room, but all we had to do was let the person in the office know and it was fixed that day. The pool was great and also very clean.
We had a good stay and we would stay at the Traverse Bay Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank chramo
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Traverse Bay Inn is on the south side of Highway 31 across the street from the beachfront hotels. It is a very nice non-chain hotel and our room had two bedrooms and a kitchenette (a very good value). It was a bit cozy getting 4 people around the kitchen table (a table leg was loose and the manager came over immediately and fixed it on the spot). There is a nicely landscaped pool that offers a small game room, picnic tables, and an immaculately maintained grill that many guests took advantage of, including us. The pool was clean and the the water was a nice temperature. There were free cruiser bikes that we took on the bike trail that runs behind the hotel for a fun outing. Overall, a very nice place to stay, a great value, and we would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WanderingSoal
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I read the reviews thoroughly before booking a room here because it was so cheap! Most were very good. When my husband and I came for a two night stay, we were not expecting the Ritz. It was a nice enough room with a Jacuzzi tube, but the carpeting was DISGUSTING! The room had a foul odor to it, and I knew it was from the old, wet carpeting. The room felt damp, and we never had maid service. I think this could be a great place to stay, but for the gross old carpeting. I think the layout of the rooms are cool and I don't even mind the lack of maid service, but the carpeting, plus the Jacuzzi tub made for a damp, and smelly, room. I feel bad giving such a poor review, but I would just like management to know this and hope that the carpeting will be changed soon. If so, I would love to come back and stay because the rooms were neat and the location great!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kat036
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you! Due to your comments we took the room off rental and found and repaired a problem that was unknown to us. Much appreciated and I hope you will see your way to try us again on a future trip to TC. - Jeff

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My sister and I spent four nights at the Traverse Bay Inn. The rooms weren't bad and there was certainly enough space, but we never had our garbage emptied or our rooms cleaned more than once in four days. We received clean towels only when we asked for them. When we went to check out at 7:30 a.m., there was no one there to check us out. Coffee for the coffee maker was only replenished when we asked for it. I had to call the owner(?) and read him my credit card over the phone because he said he couldn't make to the property for at least 1/2 an hour. My sister chose the Traverse Bay Inn on the basis of the space and the reviews on Tripadvisor, which seemed to be very positive. I'm not sure what happened.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank apearl0611
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are always interested in making our procedures better or doing whatever it takes to avoid any guest problems and your review will help us to do that. You are absolutely correct; we did a full clean in your room one of the 4 days of your stay. Someone in your party was approached each day and we were under the impression that you did not want service since whomever we talked to said "all we want is towels", we no doubt just misunderstood. I was personally there each day and unfortunately did not have the pleasure of meeting you so I apologies for the problems and can only wish that I would have been aware of the situation so that we could have avoided the inconveniences that you experienced. I do hope you will visit Traverse City again sometime and not allow your unfortunate experiences with us reflect upon the area at large. Thanks again. - Jeff

Reviewed August 7, 2012

A friend and I just called to make reservations for a group of 12 people. There were rooms available and we intended to make the reservation. When we asked a question about the cancellation policy, the person on the phone (Jeff) refused to make the reservation for my friend. She tried to call back with her phone and the call was simply not answered. I called back from my phone to find out what the misunderstanding was (the call was answered immediately), since we did not intend to cancel the reservation but merely asked a question. Jeff let me speak about three words and HUNG UP ON ME!!! I travel all over the world and have never experienced such inappropriate, unprofessional behavior in a customer service representative. I understand this is probably a very nice hotel but, unfortunately, 12 native Michiganders will NEVER set foot in it. Shame on you Jeff!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank MichelleS255
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for posting your TripAdvisor review even thought you have not stayed at the Traverse Bay Inn. The Traverse Bay Inn is a small, intimate, Family Friendly Destination. With that in mind when your friend called and said among other things "we have 12 women coming up to drink" it is true that I was not interested in making the reservation. I respect the intent to come to Traverse City and have a good time and to enjoy the area and our facility but unfortunately I can not in good conscious open myself up to something that could very possibly have a negative impact on our other loyal as well as new guests staying with us at the time.