“Great Family Inn”
Review of Traverse Bay Inn

Traverse Bay Inn
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed August 8, 2011

What a wonderful bargain, convenient to most everything, with clean rooms and a welcoming staff. We stumbled upon the Traverse Bay Inn, and found ourselves very fortunate in doing so. We will be returning. The free bikes made cruising the city bike trails easy. The public beach is right up the street. Very nice restaurants within walking distance. All around positive experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael S
TBI-Owner, Owner at Traverse Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

I’m so glad to hear of your good experience with us here at TBI! It's been a really busy season and it's good to know we are contributing to a hopefully all-around positive Traverse City visit. Family vacations are expensive and we understand just how precious your family time is. That being said it is really gratifying to know we could possibly be a small part of your future vacation memories. Please do plan a return visit soon and always try to find time to chat when your here! We always enjoy sharing that local secret you may have missed on a previous visit. - Jeff

There are newer reviews for Traverse Bay Inn

Reviewed July 25, 2011

My husband jason and I have been in Traverse City for the past month for business. We happened to run across this Inn and booked about 4 nights in the hot tub room. I have to say the staff was so very friendly especialy the owner Jeff. The room was so nice with full kitchen, 3 tv's and two were flat screens, and a huge upstairs bedroom with the nice hot tub and king size bed. The pool was clean and refreshing. I give the place 10 out of 10. Actually we are still in the Traverse area and staying at a Holiday Inn but we would much rather stay at the Grand Traverse Bay Inn, unfortuantly so would everyone eles, the rooms have been booked up almost everyday. As soon as there are some vacancy rooms, we are moving. Great place, great staff, great experience......Natasha Brown

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Tash272011
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I recently stayed at the Traverse Bay Inn for two nights mid-week. My room was very functional, with a kitchenette featuring a small stove, sink, and large refrigerator. You could easily fit a weeks worth of food in the fridge. The living room area that attached to the kitchenette was nice with a pull-out couch and a flat screen t.v. The bedroom wasn't the biggest, but the bed was very comfortable. Wall A/C unit in the bedroom cooled the suite down nicely. The bathroom didn't offer much room for toiletries, as the sink had only a small ledge on each side. The shower had a nice head on it, but not much elbow room.
The front desk was VERY HELPFUL and POLITE, offering clear directions, as well as a few dinner suggestions. The pool area was well maintained, (not like most motels), and the bicycles available for free were also a very nice touch. The only downfall is the Inn did not offer a continental breakfast.

For the price of the stay ($100 midweek), I definitely felt like I got my money's worth. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND this Inn if you are looking for a nice place to stay that is not too expensive. I WILL BE BACK!!!

1  Thank ovcballyahoocom
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Having a kitchenette(stove/oven, fridge, toaster, coffee pot, microwave and dishes.) is great. It was soooo clean. Even a gas grill if you want to cook out. Outdoor pool was wonderful. We are going back real soon. Already made reservations. They are open year round so that is a PLUS. The owner is sooo nice and the cleaning crew was so pleasant to talk to. I've not stayed in a nicer room. And, best of all, the prices are good. There were 2 TV's in our room (1 Queen bedroom) what a plus. All you need to take here is your food and clothes. Only suggestion, is lawn chairs by rooms. We LOVED staying here!!!!

1  Thank denisejune16
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights based on positive reviews for our 19th wedding anniversary.. We were not disappointed. We stayed in a suite that had 2 bedrooms. One bedroom had a jacuzzi tub which was very nice. The suite woudl have been large enough for at least 4 people, complete with a small kitchen. The bed was very comfortable!!! One thing we really enjoyed was using the bikes and riding along the wonderful bike trail. We took several long bike rides. The inn is also in a nice location where you can walk to different restraunts. We can't wait to come back with our boys so they can enjoy the bike trail and all of the nearby attractions.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank banjoman32147
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Would like to say how pleasantly surprised I was. I booked the room in the morning for that evening. The room was the least expensive and I apologized to my husband for what we might find, justifying that "all we need is a bed and a shower." Had a bit of a problem finding it, even with a GPS (operator error I'm sure) but my husband was tired from driving and just wanted to get there. The owner (I assume) was very kind and helped me feel better about taking my husband on a wild goose chase. Upon entering the room, the first thing that caught my attention was that it smelled of stale smoke but we got past that quickly. It is a bit dated, but was stunned by it's spaciouness I really like the fact that is not one of those
cookie cutter chains with paper thin walls. We could have easily slept 6. Television in both bedrooms and the sitting room. The lay out was great with the downstairs bedroom at.the back away fom the parking lot. We had dinner with family from the area and they were stunned at the deal we got. We will recommend this place and definitely stay here again when we come to town.

2  Thank Junebug087
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here over the July 4th weekend and loved it! We were extremely lucky that there was a cancellation. We had our 9 lb dog with us, but I am always leary of dog friendly hotels because of cleanliness and smell. My dog is totally trained and doesn't shed. This hotel was so clean that you would never know it was dog friendly. The manager (who was at the front desk) was so nice and helpful. The pool area was clean and nice also! Location was great too-about 4-5 miles from downtown area, on the same road.
We will be back to stay there soon!