All reviews comfortable condo living room place to stay pull out bed heated pool private beach downtown tc traverse city area unit summer bay michigan
Reviewed September 2, 2010

This was a very nice place to stay for my family.
Enjoyed the beach, shallow water was fun to play in with a frisbee and or water games. The heated pool was great as well.
The room we stayed in was very clean located on the second floor with1 bedroom and a pullout sofa bed which was comfortable but a bit squeeky.
Kitchen was nice-wish they provided measuring cups, more dish towels and more silverware.
Don't forget to bring a supply of paper towels, foil, sandwich bags..I was a little dissabpointed they didn't provide an iron/ironing board.
But all in all, you won't be dissappointed with your stay. Sure the $$ is a little pricey but when you price a regular hotel in the area, as we did, we felt getting a full kitchen, a seperate bedroom, a beautiful view of the lakefront with access plus access to a heated pool, plus housekeeping if you desire well outweighed the cost of a regular, nice hotel in the area-let alone the cleanliness of this place....you won't be sorry to pay the price.
Enjoy !!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We had a great stay at the North Shore Inn. We planned our trip just three weeks before we headed to Traverse City, so we had to do a lot of searching to find a place that would accommodate us with the amenities we wanted for a 6-night stay at a reasonable price. This was one of the rare places that offered condos with separate bedrooms plus a full kitchen. My kids also quite enjoyed using the outdoor pool and the beach/lake. Light maid service was offered every day which was a nice bonus. The main downside because of our last minute planning was that we had to switch rooms twice while we were there. However, the staff was very accommodating and made sure to have our next room cleaned promptly on the days we moved so we could make the room switch in the morning and not have to wait around all day. Each room we moved to seemed to be a bit nicer than the previous one as far as decor (these are all individually owned units). The two-bedroom units we stayed in had a 2nd floor master and bath which was an unexpected surprise. One downside was that the highway noise was loud for my kids' bedroom which faced the highway. They adapted to the noise as the week went on. The highway was very busy with traffic during our stay but almost all Traverse City resorts are lined up along this same highway, so that is something that everyone would have to contend with when coming to TC.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2010

This is our second trip to the Northshore Inn, last time was 4 years ago and we had a great experience. This time we stayed in a Poolside room(all they had available) and it was disgusting. It smelled like cigarettes and was just not very clean. My son has severe allergies so he had to go stay in my parents room so he would not get sick. The pool also wreaked of chlorine and if you did not have goggles on and went under your eyes would burn for about an hour. The beach was still great for the kids and location is good. Unfortunately due to the pool and the room, we will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MarriedinMexico07
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I've been going to the north shore in for as long as I can remember for the cherry festival. what a pleasant hotel, the beaches scenery is so beautiful it almost makes me cry. the pool is fun to take a dip in after a nice ride or walk around Traverse cities downtown area, and I always have a magnificent time with my family. I love to just look out the window at the sunset over lake michigan, its just so spectacular. (please excuse my spelling)

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Michigan_girl4
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We just got back from the North Shore Inn and found our stay to be mostly pleasant. There aren’t many places on the bay that have a beach, kitchenette and heated outdoor pool so this place certainly does hit all those marks. The two things which could be improved upon are their private beach and the smoking that goes on around the property. Their beach is somewhat lacking, not so much in size but that it’s really succumbed to the marsh grasses growing around the place. Once you get beyond them it’s really not all that big of a deal but other beaches around the bay look a lot better and feel more comfortable. The Inn seems to pride itself on being smoke free, however there is plenty of that going on between the main office and the guest rooms. It's especially annoying since the staff/cleaning staff partake in it. So much so that even when they're gone the area still smells of cigarettes. The rooms are nicely decorated and the kitchen has it all. The condo is cleaned ever day, but it’s a light cleaning. I don’t think the vacuum ever goes underneath the beds and the pull out sofa looked pretty dusty under the cushions. Management needs to remove the returnable bottles that accumulate behind the office more often as it makes the place look a little shabby. When we were there, a large stack of six packs hung out for the whole week.

All in all I would consider going back since we didn’t mind too much putting up with the minor annoyances, however, perhaps only after we try out the other places that offer a beach, kitchen and pool as well.

Otherwise, Grand Traverse Bay and the surrounding area was awesome!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family