All reviewscomfortable condoliving roomplace to staypull out bedheated poolprivate beachdowntown tctraverse city areaunitsummerbaymichigan
Reviewed August 1, 2010

This is our second trip to the Northshore Inn, last time was 4 years ago and we had a great experience. This time we stayed in a Poolside room(all they had available) and it was disgusting. It smelled like cigarettes and was just not very clean. My son has severe allergies so he had to go stay in my parents room so he would not get sick. The pool also wreaked of chlorine and if you did not have goggles on and went under your eyes would burn for about an hour. The beach was still great for the kids and location is good. Unfortunately due to the pool and the room, we will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MarriedinMexico07
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I've been going to the north shore in for as long as I can remember for the cherry festival. what a pleasant hotel, the beaches scenery is so beautiful it almost makes me cry. the pool is fun to take a dip in after a nice ride or walk around Traverse cities downtown area, and I always have a magnificent time with my family. I love to just look out the window at the sunset over lake michigan, its just so spectacular. (please excuse my spelling)

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Michigan_girl4
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We just got back from the North Shore Inn and found our stay to be mostly pleasant. There aren’t many places on the bay that have a beach, kitchenette and heated outdoor pool so this place certainly does hit all those marks. The two things which could be improved upon are their private beach and the smoking that goes on around the property. Their beach is somewhat lacking, not so much in size but that it’s really succumbed to the marsh grasses growing around the place. Once you get beyond them it’s really not all that big of a deal but other beaches around the bay look a lot better and feel more comfortable. The Inn seems to pride itself on being smoke free, however there is plenty of that going on between the main office and the guest rooms. It's especially annoying since the staff/cleaning staff partake in it. So much so that even when they're gone the area still smells of cigarettes. The rooms are nicely decorated and the kitchen has it all. The condo is cleaned ever day, but it’s a light cleaning. I don’t think the vacuum ever goes underneath the beds and the pull out sofa looked pretty dusty under the cushions. Management needs to remove the returnable bottles that accumulate behind the office more often as it makes the place look a little shabby. When we were there, a large stack of six packs hung out for the whole week.

All in all I would consider going back since we didn’t mind too much putting up with the minor annoyances, however, perhaps only after we try out the other places that offer a beach, kitchen and pool as well.

Otherwise, Grand Traverse Bay and the surrounding area was awesome!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Great location right on the beach. Stayed in two bedroom two bath unit.. lots of room , clean with a capecod theme and close to town. will be back!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2008

very nice place to stay We stayed in the two bedroom two bath
room .very clean great view of the bay I would stay here again

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)