All reviewscomfortable condoliving roomplace to staypull out bedheated poolprivate beachdowntown tctraverse city areaunitsummerbaymichigan
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We recently stayed here with some friends for New Year's and had two, 2 bedroom condos. Our friend's condo was very nice and had no problems at all. On the other hand, our condo had no toilet paper or soap in one bathroom and the toilet did not flush well. Also, both the TV's were the old tube type and got one fuzzy channel each. Then, we lost power (half the units lost power) and when we complained to management their response was "it was caused by a car accident down the street and wasn't their fault". Since it was cold and a severe winter storm was on it's way, they let us check one day early and we were only charged the $25 cleaning fee. I guess this was to pay for the soap and TP :-)

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank martar23
jean6484, Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Thank You for your review to trip advisor. We do apologize for your inconvience of the power outage on January 1st due to a transformer being struck along East Bay due to the winter storms Traverse City was experiencing. Unfortunately when something like this happens we along with other businesses have to wait for the problem to be resolved by our local utility company. Which in this case was resolved by our local utility company within a couple of hours. As for no toliet paper nor soaps in your unit. Daily maid service is given to all guests and our staff is here to make sure if there is anything needed we are always here to provide any supplies needed in your unit. We also have a policy for no refunds for unused stays. Under the circumstances when you requested to leave late in the afternnoon a day early management did honor your request. We at the North Shore inn hope you will come stay with us again.

North Shore Inn

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I love this place. In the summer I stay at the LLRV Resort in my motor home. When we go by all the motels and hotels we play a little game, (vacancy-no vacancy). I noticed the North Shore Inn was usually no vacancy. On our last visit to Traverse City I told my husband I want
to see if we can stay at the North Shore Inn to see why so many people stay there. Luck was with us. We stayed in the 1 bedroom-1 bath. Loved the room. Clean as everyone spoke of, staff was friendly, room was so cute. Lots of living space. I plan on staying there again next week. The price of the rooms you can not beat, especially for being on the water. Yes it was a stand up shower, that did not bother me at all for the price. I was thrilled with the room and I've stayed at lots of places in traverse city. Would recommend North Shore Inn to anyone. Almost did not write this review because I did not want everyone to know how great it is.

Room Tip: If you want a tub get a 2 bedroom 2 bath.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bella369
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My wife, daughter and I just spent 2 nights on New Years weekend. The check in and payment process was easy. Upon unlocking our condo, we were greeted with a small Christmas tree to the delight of my family.

While the condo was small, it worked perfectly for us. It had a queen bed and a pull out sofa. The kitchen was well stocked with pans, plates, utensils etc. the fridge was ready for us to stock. A small dishwasher was also included although we handwashed our dishes.

The only concern is the bathroom. It does not have a tub which wasn't a problem for us. The shower is small but was fine for us, may be a tight fit for larger people.

The living room area included a 42" flat screen TV. A DVD player was also supplied. A walk out balcony is off the living room providing a great view of the bay.

As we're there in the winter, we didnt use the pool area or decks. There is a nice boardwalk leading out to the beach and water. We walked down to take some pictures.

My wife is already talking out booking this facility again for next NYE or maybe a long summer weekend.

I would definitely recommend this hotel/condo!

• Stayed: December 2011
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Hello,
Thank you very much for your detailed review and photo! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay from the moment you walked in! I hope you were able to watch the Cherry Ball Drop downtown to ring in the New Year! It's always a fun crowd with plenty of music and excitement! I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Traverse City!

Reviewed December 5, 2011

We travelled to Traverse City for the first time in Oct 2011. We rented a 2 bedroom condo at the North Shore Inn. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The condo was very clean. My only complaints that I would have is the light that shines in on the 1 bedroom that was facing the stairwell. The problem could be fixed with new windowcoverings. Also, the condo could use some updating.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review! October is such a beautiful time of year to visit Traverse City! I apologize for the extra light that shined into your room. We will take care of that situation right away! I hope you consider staying with us again on your next trip to Traverse City!

Reviewed October 20, 2011

We recently stayed at North Shore Inn and this is the first review I am ever writing online. I agree with previous reviews that the one bedroom units have very small bathrooms, especially the showers. If you drop the single bar of soap you get look out, you can't pick it up without turning off the shower and opening the door! But in fairness the unit was very clean. Furnishings need to be upgraded. Our TV was small, old, and poor quality compared to all the flat screens out there for cheap. We happen to hit bad weather and baseball playoffs were on. It would have been nice to have a quality TV. Finally the bed was a small queen for two adults. Mattress was soft (old). All in all the room was really designed for tiny adults. I am not one of those. Since the building manager cannot rebuild the units I finish my review on a positive note: clean adequate room, nice front desk, beautiful water view.

Room Tip: Corner suites 2 bedroom
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2012

Hello,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at the North Shore Inn! All of our owners are currently making several updates in their units. Every room in our building will have a new bed(s) by spring. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the water view! I hope you consider staying with us again on your next trip to Traverse City!