All reviewscomfortable condoliving roomplace to staypull out bedheated poolprivate beachdowntown tctraverse city areaunitsummerbaymichigan
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Made a reservation here months early. Good communication. Spent a long weekend in room #305 and found the room as advertised: clean, comfortable with a great view of the Bay. The staff was friendly and accommodating. It was quiet, except for the road noise which was not a great problem. Intend to return to the North Shore Inn again.

Room Tip: The two bedroom/two bath is the best way to go for more than two people.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2011

Hello,
Thank you for your kind review! I’m happy you mentioned you "found the room as advertised". I know it can be difficult to make reservations at a place you've never seen with your own eyes and you are sometimes left wondering if it looks better in the pictures. This statement will help put fellow travelers minds at ease when booking at the North Shore Inn. Thank you for keeping us in mind for your next trip to Traverse City!
Phone: (800) 968-2365

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Everyone we spoke with at the North Shore Inn was very nice and helpful if we needed it. Our condo was clean clean clean - gotta love that. The beach was ample and provided a nice place to sit at sunset - we have mostly visited the expansive beaches along the Florida coast so this was a change, as was expected. The kitchen provided the very basics, so if you plan to cook I suggest bringing your favorite pan, knife, cutting board - you know a few things you can not cook without. I told myself I could bring whatever fit into one of those storage crates - worked well. Not a lot of room to move around in the kitchen or anywhere else. The living area was enough for 2. The bedroom, with a queen bed, had just enough room for one person to walk on any side of the bed, though there was a nice sized closet. The bathroom - well - was tiny!! I read another review here that talked about having to stick her legs outside of the stall to shave her legs. I apologize to that reviewer for thinking she was exaggerating - she certainly was not! I actually stood outside of the stall on the bathmat to do my shaving. And showering without washing my hair was an adventure as well. The shower stall measures about 2 2/3 of my shoes, square - I wear a size 7 1/2. Also, the builders did not invest much into insulation in the interior walls or floors. We heard every step our upstairs neighbors made. Also, The pipes from their toilet ran through our bedroom wall - we heard every time they flushed in the middle of the night - which was 3 or 4. We did not get much sleep! The North Shore Inn would be great if the shower and bathroom were bigger and the builders had done more soundproofing.

Room Tip: Maybe a third floor room would prevent you from hearing the neighbors. The Bath is probably still small though.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Hello,
Thank you for your review and thank you for sharing your pictures of the beach! Our housekeeping staff was pleased to hear you found your room to be "clean clean clean". The girls we have working in housekeeping have been here for several years and have become very aware of all the little details in each individual room! The one bedroom units have a standard size stand up shower while the two bedroom units have a tub/shower. All kitchens do provide all of you basic cooking/dining utensils including pots, pans, bake ware, toasters, knives, cutting boards, etc.. We also have some extra dishes located in the office just in case any guest is having a hard time finding what they need or if something is missing. I hope you enjoyed your overall experience here and consider staying with us again!

Reviewed September 11, 2011

My wife and daughter and I spent a week here and thought the over all experience was great. Beds were comfortable, great view of East Bay, nice sandy beach, good pool, good kitchen, friendly staff. It was close to everything (well, in TC what isn't?). Comparable rentals within blocks were double to triple the rate. If we had questions or issues, the staff solved them immediately.

The only issue we had (and we resolved it on our own at the grocery store) was that the toilet paper was like sand paper. I hope the owners check out the price of Charmin at Costco. Probably not a huge price difference and customers will be even happier.

Room Tip: 2 bedrooms are on the 3rd floor, 1st floor has quick access to beach.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Judd_Adams

Hello,
Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy you and your family were able to take advantage of the North Shore Inn's many amenities. The private balconies located off the living room area (also off upstairs bedroom in 2br/2ba units) give you an amazing view of East Bay! The Sunsets are stunning and so relaxing after a long day of travel and/or downtown shopping!! Since your review we have upgraded our toilet paper to Cottonelle brand to help ensure all guests are as comfortable as possible in all areas of our resort. We hope you are able to make it back to the area and consider staying with us again!

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Clean condo resort, beachfront on the East Bay. Beds were not comfortable, cheap mattresses, and shower was very small, no tub.. could not shave my legs. Small outside pool, no ice machine. Well equipped kitchenette. Minimal housekeeping service, they finally came about 5:00 each day to change out towels, even though we displayed the 'maid service needed" by 9:00 each day. Will not return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank S G
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Hello,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am pleased to hear you found our resort clean. We work very hard to make each guest’s stay as pleasant as possible. I am sorry you felt the daily maid service was not quick enough. Our housekeepers need to make sure all of the rooms people are checking into are ready by check-in time. It is very rare for the cleaning staff to stay past 4:00pm so I am very surprised to hear 5:00pm for each day. We are also more than happy to exchange towels at our front desk if clean ones are needed before housekeeping is able to get to your room. All of our 1br units have a standard size stand up shower; all of our 2br units have a tub/shower. We do not have an ice machine but the kitchens are well equipped with all of your basic cooking/dining utensils including ice cube trays in the freezers. I hope you enjoyed your time in Traverse City and you’re able to make it back to the area! Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I got married on the beach at the North Shore! It was beautiful, perfect, I am so glad I had it there! It is a small little paradise with wonderful staff, wonderful people who stay there and it feels like one giant family. Everyone looks out for one another, and this is our second year vacationing there! It is like a home away from home!
The staff are friendly and very helpful. Always accomodating, even when I asked for them to help me out with my wedding, the staff were more than happy to help! Each one of the ladies and gentlemen that work there are super.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Smartie_Pie
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

Hi!
Thank you for your review! We were delighted to have been a part of such an important day in your lives! We are always more than happy to help our guests in any way possible! Congratulations on your marriage and we wish you both all the happiness in the world!