All reviewscomfortable condoliving roomplace to staypull out bedheated poolprivate beachdowntown tctraverse city areaunitsummerbaymichigan
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Clean condo resort, beachfront on the East Bay. Beds were not comfortable, cheap mattresses, and shower was very small, no tub.. could not shave my legs. Small outside pool, no ice machine. Well equipped kitchenette. Minimal housekeeping service, they finally came about 5:00 each day to change out towels, even though we displayed the 'maid service needed" by 9:00 each day. Will not return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank S G
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Hello,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am pleased to hear you found our resort clean. We work very hard to make each guest’s stay as pleasant as possible. I am sorry you felt the daily maid service was not quick enough. Our housekeepers need to make sure all of the rooms people are checking into are ready by check-in time. It is very rare for the cleaning staff to stay past 4:00pm so I am very surprised to hear 5:00pm for each day. We are also more than happy to exchange towels at our front desk if clean ones are needed before housekeeping is able to get to your room. All of our 1br units have a standard size stand up shower; all of our 2br units have a tub/shower. We do not have an ice machine but the kitchens are well equipped with all of your basic cooking/dining utensils including ice cube trays in the freezers. I hope you enjoyed your time in Traverse City and you’re able to make it back to the area! Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I got married on the beach at the North Shore! It was beautiful, perfect, I am so glad I had it there! It is a small little paradise with wonderful staff, wonderful people who stay there and it feels like one giant family. Everyone looks out for one another, and this is our second year vacationing there! It is like a home away from home!
The staff are friendly and very helpful. Always accomodating, even when I asked for them to help me out with my wedding, the staff were more than happy to help! Each one of the ladies and gentlemen that work there are super.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Smartie_Pie
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

Hi!
Thank you for your review! We were delighted to have been a part of such an important day in your lives! We are always more than happy to help our guests in any way possible! Congratulations on your marriage and we wish you both all the happiness in the world!

Reviewed July 26, 2011

I was looking for a place with an outdoor heated pool for my 6 year old and also a beach. The North Shore Inn gave us both and we had a blast. We just booked again to go back in a few weeks. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating. We're hoping to go back next year and the year after.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EmilyMarie05
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Hello!
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I'm pleased to hear we were the "Perfect" location for your family's vacation! Not many resorts in Traverse City offer an outdoor heated pool so I'm happy you were able to find what you were looking for at the North Shore Inn! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed here for a girls getaway for a 3 day weekend . The location on the beach was perfect and close to downtown TC. The unit was extremely clean & the staff was very nice & accomodating, they were wonderful! We stayed in the 2 bedroom / 2 bath unit (#302). The furnishings and decorating was straight from the 1980's and needs to be updated. Since these units are individually owned , I am certain all units are decorated differently. Wish we had the unit shown in the brochure with hardwood floors and contemporary couches. The beds were extremely comfortable. Our rate was $270. per night but they tacked on an additional $20. per night because rates are based on double occupancy (we had four adults) - really for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit - I would think rates should be based on a four person occupancy. We chose not to have maid service daily. There were ample lawn chairs on the beach and it was raked daily. The pool was nice sized - no hot tub. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank VacationGirl510

Hello,
Thank you for your kind review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! Our staff is very dedicated to making the North Shore Inn a clean, comfortable and friendly environment. You are correct, each unit here is individually owned so no two rooms look exactly the same. I will let the owner know about your concerns so they can make the proper updates. We hope you stay with us on your next trip to Traverse City!

Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights with my husband and young daughter. We didn't get the best room since we booked so late, but we were willing to sacrifice to be so close to the beach. I hope that all the other units are more comfortable then the one we stayed in. When I called to get information on the available unit, I asked specific questions and was given incorrect information. I asked if there was central air or wall units and was told it was central air. In fact, there were two very old, not so great, wall units. I asked if there was a full bath and was told there was. In fact, there was only a very small shower, which my husband had a hard time fitting into and my 3-year-old did not enjoy at all. There were also sky-lights in the living room and the bedroom. This was great during the day, but since we could not block out any of the light, my daughter would not sleep when the sun was up.

My advise for future guests - do not book a pool side room if you have young children. The noise and stairs make it very difficult for parents to relax.

We loved the area and will be back. We'll probably stay somewhere else though.

Room Tip: You can hear everything from the pool area in the pool side units - very noisy
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Hello,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I would first like to apologize for any incorrect information you were given from our front desk staff. All of our units accept the pool side unit you stayed in has central air so I can see how that error was made. I will make sure to re-inform everybody of that detail to make sure future guests are aware of the wall units. Being a smaller room that does not face the water most people enjoy the sky-lights because they open up the room a little more but I do understand how it would effect nap time. I personally cannot sleep unless the room is dark! We will start informing guests with children about these sky-lights! I am pleased you enjoyed Traverse City but saddened to hear that you were disappointed during your stay here. I hope you can make it back to the area! And I hope you consider staying in one of our larger units which sounds like it would accommodate your family better. Enjoy the rest of your summer!