“Great location, right on the Beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of North Shore Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Traverse City
North Shore Inn
Ranked #30 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Rochester, Michigan
“Great location, right on the Beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed here for a girls getaway for a 3 day weekend . The location on the beach was perfect and close to downtown TC. The unit was extremely clean & the staff was very nice & accomodating, they were wonderful! We stayed in the 2 bedroom / 2 bath unit (#302). The furnishings and decorating was straight from the 1980's and needs to be updated. Since these units are individually owned , I am certain all units are decorated differently. Wish we had the unit shown in the brochure with hardwood floors and contemporary couches. The beds were extremely comfortable. Our rate was $270. per night but they tacked on an additional $20. per night because rates are based on double occupancy (we had four adults) - really for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit - I would think rates should be based on a four person occupancy. We chose not to have maid service daily. There were ample lawn chairs on the beach and it was raked daily. The pool was nice sized - no hot tub. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank VacationGirl510
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Hello,
Thank you for your kind review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! Our staff is very dedicated to making the North Shore Inn a clean, comfortable and friendly environment. You are correct, each unit here is individually owned so no two rooms look exactly the same. I will let the owner know about your concerns so they can make the proper updates. We hope you stay with us on your next trip to Traverse City!
P: (800) 968-2365

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lansing, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights with my husband and young daughter. We didn't get the best room since we booked so late, but we were willing to sacrifice to be so close to the beach. I hope that all the other units are more comfortable then the one we stayed in. When I called to get information on the available unit, I asked specific questions and was given incorrect information. I asked if there was central air or wall units and was told it was central air. In fact, there were two very old, not so great, wall units. I asked if there was a full bath and was told there was. In fact, there was only a very small shower, which my husband had a hard time fitting into and my 3-year-old did not enjoy at all. There were also sky-lights in the living room and the bedroom. This was great during the day, but since we could not block out any of the light, my daughter would not sleep when the sun was up.

My advise for future guests - do not book a pool side room if you have young children. The noise and stairs make it very difficult for parents to relax.

We loved the area and will be back. We'll probably stay somewhere else though.

Room Tip: You can hear everything from the pool area in the pool side units - very noisy
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Hello,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I would first like to apologize for any incorrect information you were given from our front desk staff. All of our units accept the pool side unit you stayed in has central air so I can see how that error was made. I will make sure to re-inform everybody of that detail to make sure future guests are aware of the wall units. Being a smaller room that does not face the water most people enjoy the sky-lights because they open up the room a little more but I do understand how it would effect nap time. I personally cannot sleep unless the room is dark! We will start informing guests with children about these sky-lights! I am pleased you enjoyed Traverse City but saddened to hear that you were disappointed during your stay here. I hope you can make it back to the area! And I hope you consider staying in one of our larger units which sounds like it would accommodate your family better. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

This was our family's 12th year in Traverse City, and North Shore Inn has become our home away from home. We a couple weeks every year at NSI and have not once been let down. We get a 2bed/1bath bottem floor condo just because it so nice to walk right out the door and down to the beach without using the stairs or elevator. The rooms are kept VERY clean. Anne and the girls in housekeeping do a wonderful job keeping the room sparkling for us and whenever we need something they are there to make sure we are accomodated. Jeannie in the office is very personable and will go way out of her way to make sure your needs are met. The levels on Lake Michigan have dropped and in turn so has the East Bay of Grand Traverse which the resort sits on. The water doesn't come up as close to the rooms as it once did but there is plenty of beautiful sand to enjoy and it's groomed daily and with more than enough lounge chairs for all. The water here is lovely and nice and warm and the beach is safe for little ones! There is a wonderful deck with table and chairs to enjoy an evening drink while watching the sunset over the bay. The pool is kept very clean and not over chlorinated like some resorts. They also have bike parking and a vollyball net with balls available to borrow. A pass to the local gym is also available for those days you can't get outside to work off all those calories from all the great local resteraunts. The rooms are great. I have stayed in all catagories of rooms but find the first level 2/1 to fit our families needs the best. The 3rd level rooms have two levels with the upper level consisting of a bedroom and seperate bath...great for two couples! The beds are comforable queen sized. The kitchen is stocked with everything you need to make a snack or cook a whole meal...right down to the dishwasher to help with clean up. There is even a small pantry. Plenty of closet space and drawers for everything you bring and if you didn't bring enough there is a laundry room for washing out all those cherry stains you get on your clothes! :o) I can't say enough about North Shore Inn...if I had my way I would stay the whole summer...I have traveled many places and Traverse City is my favortie...and North Shore Inn is the best place to stay for the convience to town, the value and it's wonderful setting on East Bay! Thanks NSI for making this Summer another memorable one!

Room Tip: The 2/1 on the bottem floor is great if you have little kids. The 2/2 on the third is great for two...
1 Thank hulagirlj
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Hello,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and beautiful pictures! I am so pleased to hear we have become your "home away from home"! To be honest you and your whole family feel like a part of our family now! All the detailed information you've shared will definitely help future North Shore Inn families make an informed decision on whether or not we are the right place to spend their vacation with!! We think we are ;) We are looking forward to seeing you next year! Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

My family stayed at this hotel the first weekend of the Cherry Festival. We stayed in 103 which was a great location for us right down from the pool. The decorations were great and really got us in the mood to relax. The kitchen was a decent size and had everything we needed. The staff was great and had plenty of recommendations for us. My family really enjoyed the pool and the sundeck, which was great for a huge family dinner. From our room to the pool, the hotel was kept really clean. They even groom the beach everyday!
The beds were the only negative. They were pretty hard and made noise when you moved around. We were told that each unit is individually owned so hopefully the owners will get around to updating those. We loved this place and would definitely come back again.

Hi!
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review about your recent stay! I hope you enjoyed this year's Cherry Festival! That is such a wonderful time to be visiting Traverse City! I’m happy you and your family were able to spend quality time together on our sundeck overlooking beautiful East Grand Traverse Bay! That is one of my favorite spots to be! The sunsets are spectacular! I would like to apologize for your discomfort on the beds. I will let the owner know about your concerns so we can get that issue resolved! Enjoy the rest of your summer!!
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Clean, beautiful view, personnel very qualified and helpful. beautiful beach area,
Lay out good. Kitchen stove out-dated, but worked okay. Nice pool area. Stayed in two bedroom layout. Very nice.

Room Tip: Children, family friendly, but quiet in condo
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Guest service is our number one priority and it makes me very happy to hear our staff was helpful! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Traverse City!
Prudenville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

Just returned from staying at North Shore Inn in Traverse City. Our first, but not last visit to North Shore was enjoyable. The staff couldn't be for accomodating for our every need. There were four of us and we stayed in a ground floor two bedroom, one bath condo. This was a annual trip us girls take every year..20 years this year to be exact. In previous years we stayed at another location and decided to try a condo and we are so glad we stayed here. Weather didn't cooperate with us , but we still took a dip in the pool one day. Our condo was very clean and comfortable ...the only sugguestion we have is a little update to some furniture, couch and chairs etc. We made our reservation for next year before we left. Thanks to all at the North Shore Inn...See you next year!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Hi!
Thank you for the kind review. I always love to hear that people enjoyed their time here at the North Shore Inn! Having two separate bedrooms and a pull out sofa sleeper makes our condos perfect for a girls weekend, bachelor party, families, or two couples! I'm sorry to here the weather didn't cooperate with your plans. We'll put a good word in with Mother Nature to make sure your stay next year will be sunny and 80 degrees!! If there is any thing you need please do not hesitate to contact us.
Muskego, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

We had a bedroom condo on the main level which was nice. The living room and bedroom had doors leading out to the patio. The condo was clean and worked out perfect for our family. The cleaning service came every day which was nice. You had the option not to use them if you wanted to. The grounds are kept up very nice and the beach area is racked every morning. The pool is heated which was nice because the weather wasn't super warm but we were still able to swim. With the location on the East Bay,the water was warm enough for the kids to play in. It's shallow for a long ways which is nice. So you don't have to worry about the it dropping off quickly. The staff was nice and very helpful. They provided me change when I need it for doing laundry. ( I do wish that the condo's offered washer/dryers but at least they do have on site laundry.) The gentlemen who took care of the grounds was very friendly and provide great suggestions on place to visit. I would stay here again. It's a great place for a family to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Hello,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our 2br/1ba condos perfect for your family! I am also very pleased to hear our staff was friendly, willing, and able to help you with your vacation needs! We hear over and over from families that stay at the North Shore Inn that the shallow water helps keep parents minds at ease while the kids are enjoying beautiful East Grand Traverse Bay! I'm happy your family was also able to enjoy this area!! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Traverse City.
---