All reviewscomfortable condoliving roomplace to staypull out bedheated poolprivate beachdowntown tctraverse city areaunitsummerbaymichigan
Reviewed May 5, 2007

My husband and I Stayed at North Shore Inn for a weekend with another couple. The 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo was great for two couples. The cond was very clean and well kept. we got a great rate on the room being it was still off season (we stayed May 4-6). The cost of the room per night was $100 out the door using my AAA discount. That is only $50 a night per couple, and it was a condo with a kitchen and living room. We will definatley be staying here again.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed August 30, 2006

The North Shore Inn is very clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. I stayed in a poolside room which provided good value for the money.
If you are looking for a swimming beach this is not a good choice. I walked into the bay a good 1/4 mile and the water was barely over 2 feet. When I wanted to swim I packed up and headed out to the public beaches.
The biggest problem I found with this location (and will be problematic with all of the accomodations on the far east end of the bay - e.g. Cherry Tree Inn on the Beach, Pointes North) is the traffic noise. You can sit on your balcony or on the beach and look out on the beautiful East Bay but you will be listening to trucks, motorcycles and cars as they speed down the five lanes of State Route 31 curving around the bay. Staying further west ( e.g, Parkshore Resort, Grand Beach, Sands Motel will help but you won't completely escape the traffic noise no matter where you stay on East Bay.
The North Shore Inn is a fine property but not the best location. If staying on East Bay I would recommend a property further west. Unfortunately the Traverse City resort area has become so overbuilt and congested that the traveler seeking natural beauty and serenity may want to consider other nearby towns such as Empire and Glen Arbor.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
7  Thank jjr320
Reviewed July 27, 2006

We stayed in a condo with an upstairs bedroom and bath, perfect when you have more than a couple. Clean and cutely decorated. Wonderful view of the east side of Traverse Bay, actually had a little private, clean beach on the property. Type of place that people book every year because it is relaxing and not overpriced. Good location with a 5+ mile walking, jogging, biking path across the street. Only negative was that one bedroom window was directly underneath a flood light and the window covering did not adequately block it. That bedroom is also noisy because it faces the street. Put kids in it who can sleep thru anything. We will book at the NorthShore Inn everytime we are in the area.

Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank azhottraveler
Reviewed March 24, 2006

March 25, 2006 While we were unable to make a trip to Traverse City last summer,... many, many of our previous summers have been spent in Traverse. We have stayed at North Shore since it opened and have never been disappointed. My children and I even stayed for a month and a half in an upper condo a few winters ago. George and the entire staff are most gracious. The rooms always exceed my expectations. It close enough to anything you would like to do, but still "out-a-bit" to avoid the "busy-ness" of the city. Can't wait until this summer.... or maybe even an early Spring get-away!

• Stayed: July 2004
2  Thank Trail799
Reviewed March 15, 2006

We went off-season, and had a wonderful relaxing time. Our condo was nicely furnished, well maintained, and the service was good. We look forward to going back.

• Stayed: March 2006