My husband and I just stayed at this hotel last night. We were planning to stay in Traverse City for only the day, but decided to stay overnight at the last minute. This hotel had an open room for $169.00. The lobby was nothing too impressive, and the elevator was, well...disgusting. The room was clean (mostly.) There was a stain on the decorative linen that was on top of our comforter, and we had a mystery wet spot on our carpet for the duration of our stay, but our bed was comfortable and our bathroom was clean. The T.V. was small but good quality, and we slept great on the mattress.
The staff was very helpful. After leaving the downtown area at close to 1 a.m. they directed us to the best place where we could get a pizza delivered at 1 in the morning, and looked up the phone number for us.
In the morning, we went down for the breakfast and were very happy with the selection. There was an area where you could make your own waffles, cereal, muffins, toast, hard boiled eggs, chocolate and white milk, apple and orange juice, as well as several other breakfast staples.
The location was great, minus the fact that it is very difficult to turn left out of this hotel. However, it's not for from anything and it's within walking distance of a Wendy's, Hooters, and the best mini golf course we have ever visited (They also have a ropes course, go karts, bumper boats, and other attractions). It is across the street from the lakeside hotels, and we could see the lake from our 3rd floor room.
All in all, it was a good hotel for a one night trip that we booked on the fly. When we go back though, I think that we will be selecting a different place to stay. It was not worth the $170.00 per night price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our pet friendly hotel, located across the street from East Grand Traverse Bay is just 4 miles from downtown Traverse City on US-31. Convenient restaurants next door are Wendy's, Bob Evans, Don's Drive Inn, Ruby Tuesdays, and Smoke & Porter Steakhouse. Our rooms consist of single kings and double queens (standard rooms), a variety of handicap accessible rooms, single kings with in-room jetted tubs, single kings with fireplaces, sofa and in-room jetted tubs (deluxe rooms). All rooms have been renovated winter of 2016 with all new furniture, artwork, lighting, mirrors, vanities, toilets and tile, along with all new lobby and expanded breakfast rooms (February 2017). Pets are always welcome in pet designated rooms. The VASA trail abuts our parking lot and makes for a convenient place for runners, joggers, walkers, bicyclists, etc. to enjoy. With 65 rooms we are large enough to handle bus tours or groups needing lots of double queens. Call us today to book. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Traverse City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 - Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Super Eight Traverse City
- Traverse City Super 8
- Traverse City Super Eight