There are not a lot of options in Traverse City, on a Saturday night, in August, at a reasonable rate. I discovered this when I needed to be in the area for work and needed to find a room just a few weeks in advance. However, reviews from my trusted TripAdvisor community helped me feel comfortable about making a one-night reservation at the Boarders Inn (for $169).
As mentioned, this used to be the Super 8. I never stayed there when it was the Super 8; but the Boarders Inn website says "Newly Renovated!".
Here's what I liked: The bed was comfortable, clean, with updated linens. The room/bath was clean. The staff were all friendly. Hot waffles were part of the continental breakfast. AC unit worked great.
Here's what I didn't like: The common area carpets were not clean, and the elevator was particularly banged-up and messy. The staff (though friendly!) were not particularly professional; one wore a ripped and stained "uniform" while manning the front desk. There were industrial garbage cans in the hallways without lids, apparently for guest use. Really expensive for what you got (but probably market rate for TC on a summer weekend).
Here's what I didn't mind, but you should know about: The room furniture (desk, chair, tables) were very worn/banged up and definitely not part of the "renovation". No mini-fridge or microwave in the room. The AC unit is noisy. Traffic noise too, at least if you are on the front of the hotel. There is now seating for more than 8 (mentioned in a prior review) for the breakfast; maybe 8 tables?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our pet friendly hotel, located across the street from East Grand Traverse Bay is just 4 miles from downtown Traverse City on US-31. Convenient restaurants next door are Wendy's, Bob Evans, Don's Drive Inn, Ruby Tuesdays, and Smoke & Porter Steakhouse. Our rooms consist of single kings and double queens (standard rooms), a variety of handicap accessible rooms, single kings with in-room jetted tubs, single kings with fireplaces, sofa and in-room jetted tubs (deluxe rooms). All rooms have been renovated winter of 2016 with all new furniture, artwork, lighting, mirrors, vanities, toilets and tile, along with all new lobby and expanded breakfast rooms (February 2017). Pets are always welcome in pet designated rooms. The VASA trail abuts our parking lot and makes for a convenient place for runners, joggers, walkers, bicyclists, etc. to enjoy. With 65 rooms we are large enough to handle bus tours or groups needing lots of double queens. Call us today to book. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Traverse City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 - Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Super Eight Traverse City
- Traverse City Super Eight
- Traverse City Super 8