All reviews great happy hour hotel bar beach view breakfast buffet first floor great beach jet ski the wi fi overlooking the bay state park family vacation lounge fawn wedding summer tc pits
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My review would have been "average" but for the location of the property and view from our room. Awesome to have the waves hitting shore right below your deck. Rooms were large, clean and well appointed. Front desk service was very good. The down side of this stay was the breakfast - poor selection and poor supervision by the attending staff. This may have been due to the obvious shortage of support staff, but the quality of the food definitely needs attention. We ate in the restaurant one night and the one and only waitstaff ran her butt off trying to take care of everything, which unfortunately resulted in a long wait to order food and an even longer wait for our food to arrive. We'd probably stay here again, but we'd plan on eating elsewhere. Nice pool area, nice beach, good parking.

Room tip: Ask for a bay view room - it is worth it!
Date of stay: September 2019
ParkShore, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the great feedback and we will address those items. I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

We were here last yr July for my daughter’s wedding. Came back this sept. Fawn at the front desk remembered my daughter and son in law. Only bad thing was our room was not made up one of the days. Food in hotel bar was good. Ate here twice. Hotel only about 10 min from downtown traverse city. Not far from wineries on mission point peninsula.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ParkShore, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are so happy you decided to come back and stay with us again this year. We so enjoyed hosting the wedding and your family was wonderful. We hope too see you again next year.

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

There are a lot better hotels in TC than this one. Decor is dated and seems a bit dingy. Room was ok but smelled like bleach and some other odd smell. You are charged in advance which for this hotel makes no sense unless they know you won’t want to stay there once you see it. We arrived at 4 which is check-in time and our room was not ready.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherri B

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that you had that issue at check in. We will work hard to be sure that that issue is corrected and we hope that you will come back and allow us another opportunity to better serve you.

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Great hotel, great staff. Beautiful view of the bay. We loved the fact that the boat, jet ski, pontoons, and kayak rentals are in walking distance from the hotel. The water in the bay was crystal clear. It’s been a long time since I have dived off a boat into a lake, but I couldn’t resist myself! The hotel Bar/ Restaurant was a pleasant surprise. Great atmosphere and delicious choices on the menu. Plenty of shopping and other restaurants just a short ride into Town. We will be planning a larger family get together in the near future.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
ParkShore, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we would love to help you host a family get away in the near future. Please give me a call whenever your ready.

Reviewed August 15, 2019

This was another hotel that I had to book at the last minute, due to choosing the wrong dates at another place. I was happy we were able to get in. That said, it's a throw-back place. My daughter said it reminded her of the place in "Dirty Dancing." Our room was on the first floor and smelled musty. The sheets felt damp, though everything was clean. My daughter's room on the third floor was fine. I did like the on the beach location. It was easy to get to the beach from my room. It is a great beach with a raft. My grandsons loved it. They even liked playing on the beach. I did notice that people were staking places early in the morning, since there are only so many chaises on the beach. Our rooms overlooked the water, so the views are wonderful. My daughter and I went to Happy Hour for reasonably priced drinks and snacks that we were able to take to our rooms. Breakfast was $1.00 off the price, due to staying at the hotel. Plenty of parking and the hotel is in East Bay, but still convenient to Traverse City happenings.

Room tip: Try floor 2+
Date of stay: August 2019
ParkShore, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2019

Thank you for sharing that great feedback and I am so glad that your family enjoyed their visit. I hope that you will come back and see us again soon.