“Do Not Stay Here”

Ranked #23 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Ohio
“Do Not Stay Here”
Reviewed June 4, 2008

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms are very small. It was very dirty. There were peanuts on the hallway floor for days. The exercise space is an actual guest room converted into an exercise room. It was to small to even walk around the equipment. The breakfast area is too small for all the guest to sit down. On a positive note...the beach front was beautiful. We were not enjoying our vacation in this hotel. We left a couple of days early and stayed at the Sugar Beach...I recommend you stay there.

• Stayed July 2007
1 Thank Traveler7s
gmparkshore, Colleen, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2008
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you found the hotel dirty. We have made cleanliness one of our top priorities this summer. Yes, the breakfast area does get crowded when the hotel is booked to capacity and everyone arrives for breakfast at the same time. I sincerely hope you change your mind and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
lansing, MI
Reviewed May 24, 2008

I stayed in the Parkshore for 4 nights. The stay was excellent! I

arrived at the hotel about three hours early for check-in, however the

associate was more than willing to try and get me into my room

early, which he did successfully. The room itself was much larger

than advertised and immaculately cleaned. Each morning the

cleaning staff was courteous and performed a great job of cleaning

during my stay. I couldn't see a room that did not have a great view

of the bay. The hotel offered great help with activities and wine-tours.

Lastly this hotel was one of the cheapest offered during my stay,

while sacrificing nothing in accommodations. I cannot wait until

my next trip to Traverse City so I can stay at the Parkshore again.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank rock7o3
gmparkshore, Colleen, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2008
Thank you for your review! I am glad our associate was able to assist you with getting into your room early, they do try to accommodate our guests. Our cleaning staff does their best everyday to make sure the rooms are cleaned to the highest standards. Our area attractions book is updated constantly to make sure we have the most current information available to our guests.

I hope to see you soon!

Michigan
Reviewed February 23, 2008

I was reviewing hotels in Traverse City for a summer family vacation. I came across the Reviews for the ParkShore Hotel. I wish to share my hockey experience with everyone, as I will never stay here again.
I see several reviews here that have a common theme.
Our team went to Traverse city for a weekend tournament. We checked in Friday a full hockey team of 15 players ages 13 to 15. Over my son’s hockey years we have attended many out of town tournaments, the hotels always put the team’s rooms together or within a reasonable distance from each other. ParkShore scattered the team through out 3 floors.
As anyone would expect the kids were active within the halls going to each other’s rooms. The hotel manager would follow and yell at the kids, pool privileges were not permitted to the kids as the manager indicated they would disturb other guests. The hotels solution was to play movies for 15 kids and expect them to sit and be quite.
It would appear that the hotel wants the off-season money that hockey brings into the area, but not the responsibility or challenges that go along with housing young players.
The review regarding the double credit card charge is interesting as we were traveling to the tournament with another couple. I held their room on our credit card. I checked out I saw the room hold credit and moved on. At the next hockey game the couple we went to Traverse City with stated that their charges from the hotel were incorrect, they had a credit on the hotel statement they were questing. Upon contacting the hotel for clarification, it turns out that the applied the 2nd room hold charges from my credit card on their bill. ParkShore refused to make the correction. They were actually very rude and nasty, indicating that we should have checked our bill before we left. Fortunately for me I the other couple give me the room hold charge of $100.00.

Buyer beware!!

• Disliked — Fawn the hotel manager
  • Stayed November 2007
1 Thank sugarjunkie732
gmparkshore, Colleen, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2008
Because of the availability of rooms when the group's reservations were made, we were unable to place the entire team on one floor. We placed the group together as much as possible. Yes, pool privileges were not extended to the kids' as they were not supervised in the pool area. We did provide entertainment for the kids by showing a movie in the lobby. We frequently host groups of young people at our facility; in fact we welcome those that are supervised by the accompanying adults.

As for the credit card situation, we offered to make the correction to the other guests' credit card if the proper authorization was given. Without the proper authorization, there was nothing we could do.

Travelers are raving about these Traverse City hotels

Mount Pleasant
Reviewed February 1, 2008

Upon arriving at the ParkShore Resort, I was greeted by their very welcoming staff. At check-in, I realized the room I had booked did not have enough beds. After explaining my situation, they offered me a roll-a-way bed at no extra charge-and housekeeping even brought it up for me, bedding on it and ready to go.
The room was beautiful. We had a balcony overlooking the bay. And their beach! It has to have been the most impressive beach I've ever been to in Traverse City. Sugar sand, clean, free of debris...And to have jetski rentals and parasailing right there was a plus!
We stayed on a weekend, and their lounge had entertainment playing that evening. We enjoyed great food and cocktails while relaxing to the music of a live band. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Traverse City area.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank rber1
gmparkshore, Colleen, General Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2008
Thank you for the wonderful review! Our staff tries to accommodate every guest. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the music in the lounge.

I hope you continue to stay with us for your weekend get a ways or vacations.
Taylor, MI
Reviewed November 9, 2007

Our stay at the Parkshore Inn was horrible. We actually left one day earlier than we had planned and went to the Holiday Inn down the street, because the owner and the staff harassed our entire Hockey Team from day one. I would never recommend to anyone to stay at the Parkshore Inn ever................

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Hockeymomtaylor
ParkShore, Front Desk Manager at Parkshore Resort, responded to this review, November 10, 2007
In response to the email regarding the hockey team’s bad hotel experience, as the front desk manager referred to in the email, I would like to add my side of the story. First of all, Thursday afternoon, about 4 or 5 of these rooms checked in. My front desk staff had informed me that most of them had arrived intoxicated. Thursday evening around 11:45pm we received complaints from other guests of noise coming from these rooms and the smell of smoke in the hallways (they had smoking rooms, but had left their door wide open and smoke was billowing into the hallway). There are non-smoking rooms on this floor as well. Still receiving noise complaints at 1:53a.m., our night auditor went upstairs to ask again that the noise be kept down, only to be sworn at by 14 year old boys and their parents. This was not even half of the issues we had to deal with (our surveillance cameras also showed kids playing hockey in the hallway and unsupervised in other areas of the hotel until 2:30am). Having to move the people in the room next to them and completely refund the stay of an elderly couple that stays with us frequently, we weren’t thrilled. The owner of the hotel asked to meet with the parents in the morning to discuss their behavior and let them know there are hotel conduct rules which need to be followed, or they would be asked to leave. They chose to leave themselves, claiming they were being harassed. I did respond to another complaint regarding smoke on Friday morning and went upstairs to find the door to one of their smoking rooms wide open again with people blocking the hallway. All I asked is that they keep the door to the room closed, as we had received a complaint.

They may have had 16 rooms (for two nights), but it was a full weekend and there were 64 other paying guests in the hotel as well. We appreciate the business that hockey and other sport teams bring us in the off-season, but not at the expense of other guests, or the abuse of our staff. We actually had two teams of hockey players in-house that weekend. The other team caused no problems and we were happy to have them, in fact, we started a movie night in our lobby to give the kids a place to hang out and have fun without disturbing anyone.
Fort Wayne, In
Reviewed October 19, 2007

My wife and I have been visiting Traverse City for the last 15 years and always enjoy the climate and water. We watched the ParhShore being built just a few years ago and finally decided to give it a try this year. The experience was wonderful. The hotel is located on the most beautiful part of East Grand Traverse Bay and the staff is superb. From the beach to the lounge, no area is left to chance. The staff is diligent about the quality and service they provide to their guests. The beach is groomed daily, the chairs are all organized for a very professinal presentation, and the lounge has live entertainment, I can't say enough about the pleasure of our stay. Keep up the good work, we will be back in 08 and we will bring our friends.

• Liked — The attention to details with the service
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank travelone25
Thank you for your review. I hope that you continue to stay with us every year. Our staff strives to treat our guests how we expect to be treated.

May I recommend the sunrise and sunsets from our beachfront rooms? They are quite spectacular. We hope to see you soon.
Perrysburg
Reviewed October 2, 2007

My husband and I first stayed here in August. We had such a wonderful time we made sure to go back in September. There is nothing bad to say about this resort. The rooms are clean. The beach is clean. And the view from the balcony overlooking the bay is stunning. We plan are going back here at least twice a year. We never want to leave.

• Liked — The beautiful view of the bay
  • Disliked — No Answer
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Thank you for the review. I hope you continue to visit us every year. I agree, the views from the balcony are stunning!